Run In

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gp_guy

Reaction score
So just picked my new D40 up on the weekend. Any new car that I have bought in the last 10 years has not required a standard run in period like the older cars have, so I am assuming they were done in the factory.
Reading the manual for my Navara, there is a run in period. Thinking back to my cars that I did have to run in back in the 90's, pretty sure I just drove them like i would drive them every day.

What's everyones advice here in regards to run in of the navara, towing, freeways, etc?

Don't tow heavy for the first 500km (small trailers are ok). The engines are not produced like in the old days, where left-over bits of metal from casting the block were in various places, and bearings had to mould themselves to fit the hand-cut crankshaft.

Oh, do NOT drive north of Alice Springs or south of Tennant Creek. Other than that, feel free.

Thanks Old.Tony. So I do have a jetski that I will be towing around. With trailer prob less than 500 kg's all up. OK to tow that?

Drop the oil and filter early and put in a good mineral oil.
I have had several mechanics tell me any good run in is done in the first 30 Kilometers.
After that it is just additional wear n tear not required for best power and longevity of the motor... any motor.

Beware the factory oil filter will be VERY tight. You will need a good filter removal tool.

Back