Reverse pickup in cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozstickman

Reaction score
G'day. Has anyone found a pickup in the cab behind the dash for reverse? I am after this to hook up a switch to extra reverse lights without tapping into the tail lights and having to run an extra wire to the cab.

Cheers
Sticko

Not that ive found any behind the dash but another option might be( a little bit longer) tapping into the reverse switch on the gear box. On top of the gearbox there is a nps switch and a reverse switch, you should be able to tap into the reverse switch easily enough, you can get to it by removing the shroud around the gear stick in the cab, easy to get all this off, just a few screws and take the gear knobs off.

I read in the wiring diagram thread that navmania has been smashing out that running trigger wires from the reverse switch can result in burning out the switch on the gearbox. No experience with it myself just what I have read...

Cheers,

-Scott

Interesting, if is only a trigger switch I wonder why this would happen.

It may be ok to trigger a relay but the problem is knowing the reverse switches max load. And once you start hooking up lights, reverse cameras and what the circuit has to deal with standard, it could overload the switch and it fail. I have been warned by a few auto electricians not to do it. There will be a wire from a relay that is triggered from the reverse switch on the gearbox that you can tap into. But first you have to find it and second you have to get to it.

image-3694220535.jpg

Plug 112 or 121 will have the wire you are after, just will have to probe for it. It's under the drivers seat.

Cheers. Brad.

Yep, under the drivers seat. In mine I think it was black with a pink trace from memory... 2010 str... There are some good pics of it in one of the reverse camera threads....

Latest posts

Back