Removing bolts for body lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jarone

Reaction score
Hey guys ive been looking at lifting up my tray 2 inches, but just looking at the existing bolts im not sure how to go about swapping them over

heres a picture to make it easier to understand

WP_20140524_001.jpg

basically the way the tray is built prevents me from even removing the old bolt let alone installing longer ones

If i get the existing bolt out (either by force or cutting), I only see a few solutions for the new bolt

upside down with the nut up top
drill out the hole so i can insert it in on an angle
cut out a section of the tray

dont really want to do any of those if i can avoid it..
anyone had this problem before?

I'd do your first option. Cut that one out and put the other one with the nut on top, that won't really cause any issues so I don't see a problem with it...

Yeah that's probably what I'll do, I'll just have to make sure it stays tight because the bolt will just fall through if it rattles undone

Yep nyloc is the go. They won't come undone on their own...if you really want to make sure it won't fall off, drill a small hole in the bolt and put a split pin in it to hold it if the nut does come undone for whatever reason..... On the threaded end I mean, between the end of the bolt and the nut, so it doesn't compromise the bolt strength....

Latest posts

Back