recent chip comparo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone is able to do their own searches on-line if you know where to look its not hard , there are only two Modules out there that do not change pump pressure Steinbauer is one and xxxxxxxxxxxxx is the other

It took me a long time to find the module and I can not believe that no one here has made mention of it as there are D40 owners using them , guess its like this if its that good why tell others about it !!!

I'm so over in people not wanting to do their own researches and take everything on face value what others say on how good the chip is that they are using , get a dyno tune done to get the most out of every chip , not because you are told to use setting x or y every engine is different

Do a google search for Power chips , Modules , performance etc etc

Marty

Good luck with it all

I thought people were here to help others that aren't so knowledgeable or mechanically minded. Now it's a secret society?
What's the point of not sharing the info?
Is it a case of, your football and no one else can kick it?

Some of the text Marty has posted seems familiar to this product.
Supercar Performance

Bingo someone has worked it out

Good luck all :biggrin:

Nothside, the Uni chip still ups pumps pressure not good for common rail pumps as they are not designed that way you should know that ! your safe 28k pressure will end up in pump failure sooner or later ,

and no its not my Football as you call it , like I said in other posts no one tends to do their own in-depth research into what could be damaging products for your expensive vehicle

Last edited:
Hey Northside

That link was one of the best reads that I have seen in a very long time :congrats:
This sort of info goes a long way of explaining the ins and outs chips v modules

Might have to give you a ring later

Tell me a little more about DTE

Some of the text Marty has posted seems familiar to this product.
Supercar Performance
The explanation in that link is a bit too alarmist, in my humble opinion.

Even if you lose your mind completely, throw all caution to the wind, and just crank the chip to maximum, the fuel pressure relief valve brings an abrupt end to the party. In fact this is the very reason why results from generic fuel chips haven't been that stellar on the d40.

With thousands of dirtcheap generic eBay chips on the road, and hundreds more on sale every day, we should have seen a wave of pump and injector failures by now, but I haven't come across such a thing in the last four years on the three major d40 forums.

Last edited:
Even if you lose your mind completely, throw all caution to the wind, and just crank the chip to maximum, the fuel pressure relief valve brings an abrupt end to the party. In fact this is the very reason why results from generic fuel chips haven't been that stellar on the d40.

Some chip sellers supply a washer to allow rail pressure to go higher than standard setting before the relief valve opens.Has been mentioned somewhere on the forum about this mod.Does make you wonder why there has,nt been a lot of pump failures reported though.

remember, each injector has its own pressure relief. The one on the rail is just to stop chip tuners from getting higher pressures into the system. not that you would sell something to the end users this way but you can crank up pressures on these to really high levels without leaks or failures.

the CR injection system has the capacity from just off idle to delivery enough pressure to throw open the pressure limiter at the end of the rail. its just that that control valve (suction control valve) will redirect unwanted pressure back to the tank. the CR pump is gear driven off the crank so there is no way to make it spin faster than the manufacturer intended.

Good write up Lindsay. Please correct Chip It to read it has in-cabin control adjustment via laptop or switch. Also, I believe Tunit are resellers (not manufacturers). Resllers of DTE Style chip

I will fix it right now.
Is the incab adjustment a level adjuster? or on/off?
And do sort of need to know if it is able to be adjusted on the fly or only while either stationary or engine off?
Im updating all of the switching comments now as a couple of people have found it not clear enough the way Ive typed it.

Tuneit are definitely manufacturers though. DTE and Tuneit run different circuit boards and cases. They do look similar though

Adjust between tunes. On most vehicles adjustment can occur on the fly however 07 -> Hilux definitely need to be done whilst engine is off (Ign ON). We recommend folks to do the change on the side of the road in any case for driver safety concerns.

So, Engine OFF, Ignition ON will stop any fault codes on all vehicles.

Also the EGT control is via LED or LCD display inside cabin. This is also controlled/adjusted inside cabin.

Cheers

Common rail chips DO NOT make the fuel pump work harder. The pump is gear driven from the crank so no way to make it spin faster or work harder. The CR chips make the factory computer push the Suction control valve further "open" so that it redirects more pressure to the rail rather than sending it back to the tank.

However, if someone is concerned about increased rail pressure and want a steinbauyer style unit then we have them too.

Injector piggy back, plug and drive. Easy fit up and easy to change tunes.

Price is $1349.00 + $25.00 Freight.

Forum discount (till further advised) 10% off the Piggy Back unit.

Common rail chips DO NOT make the fuel pump work harder. The pump is gear driven from the crank so no way to make it spin faster or work harder. The CR chips make the factory computer push the Suction control valve further "open" so that it redirects more pressure to the rail rather than sending it back to the tank.

However, if someone is concerned about increased rail pressure and want a steinbauyer style unit then we have them too.

Injector piggy back, plug and drive. Easy fit up and easy to change tunes.

Price is $1349.00 + $25.00 Freight.

Forum discount (till further advised) 10% off the Piggy Back unit.

This is your new product Yeh?
What does it control and how plz?
I didn't look at your site to find out, is info there?

no info out yet officially John.

Dealers are getting first pick.

But the injector chip is exactly the same style as Steinbauyer (SB) ... very easy to fit, no error codes unless you dont push the plugs on correctly and easy to change tunes.

We are seeing about 10 - 15% more power than SB (apples for apples)

its optional North. The extra power mentioned above is not coming from boost control. The boost control will add more power again. Will come in around the same as SB with the boost control

WOW - 18 pages took a while to read but fascinating from many aspects. If anyone is interested in tunes that actually edit the original ECU program drop me a line. Many more parameters to play with equals safer better performing tunes.

Cheers

Back