QD32 oil light...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harveytile

Reaction score
I was hoping the combined wisdom of this forum might shed some light on my brewing issue.

I have a 1998 D22, QD32. She has been recently serviced with new fluids, filters, etc. No drama there. About a week ago I noticed the oil light stays on after starting and goes off if I give her a little rev. As the light goes off, I have continued to drive her. No difference, still slow and steady.

This morning after a short drive (10min of town type driving) I turned her off, waited a minute, and then started her up again. The light went off immediately as it should.

Now the oil light instills a special fear in me, especially as this old girl is my first 4x4 and diesel.

Gents any help would be great.

Cheers,

Rich.

Oil level is good. Oil type is as per Nissan's recommendation. Can't remember the exact group of letters off-hand but was very careful to get the correct stuff. Make of oil is Nulon. Aussie flag on the side so thought it must be of decent pedegree...

Thanks anyway.

Back