Price of genuine part

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whilst doing a visual inspection of my engine bay today I notice the intake hose that connects the throttle body to the 90 degree pipe that comes off the turbo was split. So I rang Nissan for the genuine part price

says I- How much?
says he- $140
says I- How fxxxxxxn much, 140 fxxxxxxn dollars for a 3inch long piece of rubber hose surely sir you jest?
says he- oh no thats correct and the good news is we have 4 in stock
says I- Thats great maybe ill get back to you and maybe I wont.

I went to supercheap auto and for $35 bought enough hose to get three out of as posted by Dave in the first post of the post up your part numbers thread.
(Thanks Dave)

I was expecting it to be overpriced but how on earth can they justify $140 for a 3 inch long bit of rubber hose?

I got mine at enzed the hose place about $15 a hose and changed my clamps for good quality stainless, most hydraulic hose places carry turbo hose and sell it by the inch

try buying an oil pressure sender for a holden ls1 v8
$195 genuine part
an aftermarket sender for most cars is about $20
but they wont work on 5.7 ls1's
thanks holden

Justification of high "genuine" prices is something that gets discussed by owners of just about every car make and the justification is that they can so they do. If Nissan or any other manufacturer weren't able to sell at that price they would drop their prices but there is thousands of people buying at those prices and it allows them to keep them high.

There is some absolutely ridiculous "genuine" prices been quoted on this site alone and what's even sillier is that the prices vary so much between dealers. The thermistor for the outside temp in the D40 has been quoted from $140 to $170 retail (and as low as $95 trade) and it's total worth is about 25 cents once you figure out the exact value the thermistor is. The top radiator hose for the D40 is something like $140 too but until people stop getting their cars serviced by dealerships and stop buying parts of the counter at dealerships (which is never going to happen) genuine prices will always be astronomical.

The options are aftermarket (SCA, Autobarn etc), Nizzbits (pm from this site) or make friends with a mechanic and get your parts trade price.

Latest posts

Back