pcv valve removal from a qd32

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug696

Reaction score
hi guys, i have a 2000 d22 with a qd32 motor, i was wondering how to remove the pcv valve as i think mine is blocked and would like to check. it looks to me like i might have to remove the rocker cover but i'm not sure, any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks doug

the PCV normally is held into the rocker cover via a rubber o-ring. should just pull straight out unless the navara set up is different.

i think it's held in by more than a rubber o-ring, it doesn'n spin around by hand and levering it didn't work either

Says the rocker cover has to come off.

Attachments

• qd32 pcv.JPG
    qd32 pcv.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 310
they always have to make something simple turn into a near major job, remove the rocker cover just to remove the bloody pcv, what a joke. how about you just test the valve for correct workings before you go pulling the engine top to bits.

thanks rumpig & jonney,
i think it might get worse than that jonney, it looks like the inlet manifold has to come off to get the rocker cover off, woo hoo! does anyone know if i can test it while it's still on the car?

the pic in abaove post shows the blow test of this pcv. its really just a one way valve in a way , you should only be able to blow in or out in one direction with your mouth / lungs if you can blow and suck in both directions i would say the pcv is stuffed. hope you understand this talk in a mechanical matter.

thanks mate i'll have a go but it looks to me like the blow test was done on the inlet side of the pcv which means pulling off the rocker cover

What symptoms are you getting that makes you think it's blocked? Is it blowing the dipstick out of its hole or another issue?

thanks guys for the answers, now about the symtems iv'e recently noticed that after rolling down a big hill mostly decelleration when i get back on the accellerater there is a lot of smoke white with a slight blue color, it does clear up after a while, so if anyone has any other ideas as to what could be causing this please let me know i was just trying to discount the pcv thanks

Normally that's caused by leaking valve stem seals. They let oil bypass the seal and run down the stem onto the valve, then when back on power it burns off again and you can't see it. If the pvc valve wasn't working, normally the crankcase would pressurise and either blow the dipstick out of its holder or cause oil to leak past gaskets or seals on the motor due to excess pressure.

How many km on it?

normally you only get the blue smoke on start up if the valve stem seals are worn. this happens when the engine is not used for a few plus hours and what happens is oil will run down the valve stem and drip onto the piston crown top, so as soon as you start up the engine, combustion causes heat and burns the oil on top of piston for a very short time.

normally you only get the blue smoke on start up if the valve stem seals are worn. this happens when the engine is not used for a few plus hours and what happens is oil will run down the valve stem and drip onto the piston crown top, so as soon as you start up the engine, combustion causes heat and burns the oil on top of piston for a very short time.
Yeah, whoops lol. Well being a qd32, unless it has had a turbo fitted, will be n/a. So I guess that means rings....

hey guys thanks for everybodys input, i found out that i was blowing some smoke every tiime i put it in 4wd low, [the original symtems showed up after a weekend of 4wding] but on a happy note the smoke has disappeared since i fitted a snorkel and the 80 series air box, i've also now fitted a set of redback extractors and a 2.5'' stainless exhaust with high flow stainless muffler, the qd32 has been transformed, more takeoff power, goes uphill easier and now sits on 2500 rpm @ 100km/hr down from 2750 rpm not to bad for a n/a truck thats done 245000km. i would like to say a big thankyou to this forum and it's members for the ideas and advice
thanks doug

Latest posts

Back