Injector Pump removal (qd32)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiddyKal

Reaction score
Gday all,

Im about to rip out my injector pump for an overhaul and boost comp addition. Qd32, 98 navara. Engine in situ.

Im not blessed with a great deal of engine bay room...and the pump timing cover is down deep like. First time doing this, and done quite a few hours of reading and watching vids.

So my plan is..
Remove bullbar, thermofan, condensor and radiator. So i can see the timing notches under the cover, and easily remove the gear. Oils gotta go too.

And of course, a whole lot more has to be removed (intake manifold etc)

Seems like a lot of work, and im all for it. But if anyone has done it before with engine in, im all ears for easier solutions.

Will be reinstalling myself too. Got my timing kit ready to go haha. Gotta save dollars where we can hey?

So grill me for sure if my plan is crazy. Just seems to be the most logical way to do it.

Cheers, Cal

yeh that is crazy come from the side is a lot better take out tings like battery fuel lines un bolt powerer steeing res its the fuel lines from the back that are the hardest to get to and removing the wheel and innergard will make thigns a lot easer get at stuff from the wheel well

yeh that is crazy come from the side is a lot better take out tings like battery fuel lines un bolt powerer steeing res its the fuel lines from the back that are the hardest to get to and removing the wheel and innergard will make thigns a lot easer get at stuff from the wheel well
Oops, too late 🤣 I honestly considered coming from the side. My biggest concern was no just the removal, but finding my tdc and pulling out the timing gear. Couldn't reslly get down there with everything in the way.

First time for everything I guess. Gives me a good chance to flush radiator and clean radiator and degrease the hell out of the engine. Process Didn't take long at all.

Cheers,
Cal

Latest posts

Back