(Opinion) how to get the next 2 inches!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dezzdash

Reaction score
Ok gguys here is my story!
I have just done a 2inch suspension lift on my 07 manual dual cab td stx.
Its a toughdog foamcell lift raising 55mm in front and 75mm in the rear. Its rear leafs are medium to gvm weight rated. I got this kit fitted for 1785.00 from wholesale suspension in penrith, sydney.

Id like to get another 2 inches but dont want to spend a fortune. What are your recomendations for doing this, pros and cons of all options and rough cost?

So far i have been told 2 inch shackles in the rear and a body lift by 2 inch in the front. (people say body lifts are problems galaore, if i go with it what material block should i use?)

Would anyone change to full body lift all around or leave shackles in rear and change front to coil spacer in order to get the extra 2 inches?

I tow a trailer often and a boat ocasionally and bikes in the back often. I go 4x4ing socially every now and then but for the most part just drive on road.

What do you guys think i should do?

Dezz

If you did shackles in the rear you would do spacers in the front then you would need to change uca's or you could just do body lift all round.

If you do a body lift you have to do it over the length of the ute, not just the front.

For the back, blocks are legal and extended shackles are illegal, BOTH do the same thing, but blocks will give you less axle wrap (there is a YOUTUBE vid of that somewhere)

front suspension lift of more then 50mm will cause the coil bucket to hit the upper control arms and the cv angle will cause them to wear quickly and due to the angle be week as, especially off road.

So if you do want 4 + inches in the front you will need to do a diff drop which means your looking at a CALMINI KIT which will give you 5" plus your existing 2" lift so you will end up with a 7" lift this will cost around $3500

So basically the cheapest and
Best way of getting 4 inches is a full round body lift?
Does anyone have a sydney conact for this? And suggestions on pros and cons of bodys

Dezz

Is that fitted?

Dezz

From memory that is just for the kit, which will include the rear blocks and extended brake lines and everything for the front. There is allot of stuff in the kit to make it work.
CAL OFF ROAD are the importers or Snake Racing are the main distributors, you can also get the kit from Superior Engineering and close to you at Macquarie 4X4, and those guys will also fit it for ya as will Opposite Lock.

From memory that is just for the kit, which will include the rear blocks and extended brake lines and everything for the front. There is allot of stuff in the kit to make it work.
CAL OFF ROAD are the importers or Snake Racing are the main distributors, you can also get the kit from Superior Engineering and close to you at Macquarie 4X4, and those guys will also fit it for ya as will Opposite Lock.
or you could not waste 700 of your money and buy direct from calmini in the states and get the 5 inch calmini with adjustable coilover for 2500 posted that price is to townsville i havent bought it yet as cape drained my dry but soon............ wish it was now

i cant believe th emark up on those kits in aus fair enough thye have to import but the kits here come without coilovers and its 3200!!! F$#K that......anyway you could just do a bodylift it cheap as i have 2inch blocks under my cab and 1 inch blocks under my tub with 2 inchs all round it really sits like a dragster

I all so just emailed Calmini in the USA about there kits, you can get a 5" drop kit, adjustable struts and UCA's for $2450 (I think it was) plus freight too Aussie. Even with the freight you will get a lot more and cheaper then buyin it here.

or you could not waste 700 of your money and buy direct from calmini in the states and get the 5 inch calmini with adjustable coilover for 2500 posted that price is to townsville i havent bought it yet as cape drained my dry but soon............ wish it was now

here is a link for where Boxy is talking about. I think??

http://www.purenissan.com/new_page_12.htm

On here it say $1394us for the kit or $1999us with adjustable coil overs then add freight

Last edited:
I all so just emailed Calmini in the USA about there kits, you can get a 5" drop kit, adjustable struts and UCA's for $2450 (I think it was) plus freight too Aussie. Even with the freight you will get a lot more and cheaper then buyin it here.

freight was 500 to townsville probably cost more to her coz its a remote shithole

thats the one

Thats a good deal, makes me think about getting it..... mmmmmmmmm maybe i should buy myself a b'day present from the wife and kids for this saturday its gotta be better then sox and undies... hahaha

Haha true that. Zordo told me 420 delivered to sydney from qld.

He has told me no extended brake lines are needed. Has anyone done a d40 2 + 2 lift and had any problems with needing to extend the brake lines?

Dezz

Back