oil light on, now engine won't start - help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big H

Reaction score
Am new to any forum so please be gentle.

Have a 2010 (built 2009) d22 4x4 turbo diesel, approx 90,000 kms. Recently some dash lights have been flickering but had heard this could be a problem with some models and went away so thought all was ok. PToday oil light flickered while going to work, then seemed to remain on for a while so once I finished work headed straight to get some oil. Didn't make it, engine had a clunking noise so pulled over, walked to get the oil and filled it up (was low) but now the engine wont start, all i get is a couple of click sounds similar to a flat battery. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Currently getting it towed home and desperately need it back on the road for work.

sounds like the engine could possily be seized or at least binding up.you could try turning it over by hand, usually by the the time your oil light comes on the damage has allready been done.

Low oil level indication on the dash--oddometer section when you started it up indicated ?,,check out the owners manual

Thanks for your help, think you might be right about seized up! Hope not but will check the manual and talk to my dealer too. Nieve perhaps on my part but didn't think it could cause so much damage in a such a short time after oil light just apperared.

Yeah sounds like it has seized if it wont even crank over. I wonder if that sort of thing is covered by warranty. For your sake I hope so.

Latest posts

Back