oil from fuel pump

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsteadm

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering ive noticed a small oil leak and apears its driping from the back of the fuel pump?
Has anyone seen this? And if so what would the cause be.
Kind regards Matt

Hi guys just wondering ive noticed a small oil leak and apears its driping from the back of the fuel pump?
Has anyone seen this? And if so what would the cause be.
Kind regards Matt
Matt, I would degrease the area and rinse without high pressure, take it for a good drive and have another look. Use a mirror and torch if need be, a few intercoolers have developed minor leaks and may drip oil. What colour is the oil that you have noticed?.

I put a catch can in about 2 weeks ago and cleaned all the intercooler fittings and still look clean.
The oil looks very thin and black. Its a bit further down than the suction control valve but directly under. So maybe it below the injector pump and not coming from injector pump. I will give it a clean as you said and re assess. Thank you

Catch can is on the other side of the engine. So had a good look and the oil is coming from what ever is below the injector pump. It looks like there is a pipe running all the way up to the brake master cylinder on the firewall.
Is there something related to the brakes bolted into the engine block below the injector pump?

It sure is Matt it's a series of rubber and alloy hoses with joiners, I guess until you clean it and have another look on Sunday in the light that would be best.

Yea i will. Thanks again for your help. Looks to be the hose on the very back. Hopefully i dont have to replace the pump. I read its a motor out job

Could some one pls tell me is the very back pipe on the vac pump which connects on by a wierd kind of ball joint (not sure how to describe it)
Would that be the oil feed for the pump?
I cant find any diagrams on the vac pump.
Cheers

I'd guess you mean a banjo bolt. I thought it would be fed oil internally. It could be, how many hoses come off the vac pump? I've never had a close look at mine...

Ok some further investigation and turns out the very rear pipe is the oil feed and yes i think you are right bods i think its called a banjo bolt.they have a copper washer on them and mine was slightly loose so retightened and degreased and took her for a long drive and so far no more oil leak.
Very happy. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back