No power in 4th Gear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

degobah

Reaction score
Hi guys, little flumxed.
ZD 30 powered 04 STR. When i slip it into 4th round 80kph, ive no or very reduced power, almost like no boost from turbo. Also she coughs and splutters, like there is air in the fuel (have checked fuel lines etc and all good). Then when i change up to 5th its all good again. If i skip 4th and go straight to 5th there's no problem. Blows no smoke and idles and revs freely when stationary. Any ideas what might be going on??? dodgy map sensor or turbo on the way out maybe?? thanks guys

Ahh proves you should search the forum properly!!!! Seems as tho it's the pesky Nuetral Positon Switch causing problems, i'll try diconnecting 2mrw and see.

Mine to is the same. No power in 3rd and 4th coughs and splutters. I had a read through the thread about nps. And just checked mine and idle drops in every gear. Any thoughts as to what it could be. Also had it at mechanics and they said dirty fuel. But I've checked the fuel filter and its fine

You guys with your posh turbos... I've got no power in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th. She is a QD32 tho...

Like the owner. Slow and steady.

Mine to is the same. No power in 3rd and 4th coughs and splutters. I had a read through the thread about nps. And just checked mine and idle drops in every gear. Any thoughts as to what it could be. Also had it at mechanics and they said dirty fuel. But I've checked the fuel filter and its fine

Have you tried holding the gear stick in those gears? Tried unplugging it and seeing if that made any difference?

its a pretty common problem i guess, because i had the same problem on my yd25 nav.

but yeah, i did a forum's search first and found lot of topics about this problem.

greetings!!

yep same happened to me, but the engine management light came on and had to switch off and restart to get it to go away. switch was only about 60bucks from dealer and about a 20 minute job to fit by yourself. easy as ay!

Back