D22 YD25 intake manifold clean

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samt9892

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a 2013 yd25 with 248000kms on the clock. I want to take the intake manifold off and clean it as I didn't get round to doing that when I blanked the EGR upon purchase at 220000.

The car is lacking a bit of power and sometimes blows smoke heavily - especially uphill. Before I look to other items such as injectors I'd like to rule out the intake manifold being gunked up.

Spoke to a local mechanic (Perth) and they wanted $1200 to remove and clean and give the motor a chemical carbon clean (sounds like daylight robbery to me!)

Hoping to hear from people who have already done this job:
- Do you need to remove the injector lines + fuel gallery to get the manifold off?
- If so are there any other seals / gaskets I need when reinstalling the lines?
- What is the procedure for priming the lines?

- For the intake manifold itself I believe there is one gasket required:
- https://www.repco.com.au/en/parts-s...s/permaseal-manifold-gasket-mg3535/p/A9687440 ?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

This gives an idea of what's involved. You don't need to remove the fuel gallery and injector lines but you need to remove the pipe that supplies the fuel gallery.

There are no other gaskets required although you may wish to use a product like Permatex Aviation Sealant on the EGR, throttle body etc gaskets when you put it back together. I find that product excellent and have been using it for decades.

There's a large button on top of the fuel filter that you pump in and out to prime the system.

Latest posts

Back