Nissan D22 CHIP NOW AVAILABLE WITH 62% INCREASE WITH CHIP IT POWER PACKAGE

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on where ur probe located in ur dump pipe. Mine is just below the sheild/cover. on standars i got mine to 520. With the chip i got it to 566 up a hill with a one tonne boat. The temp on the day was 20 degrees. I've set mine on 575 degrees.

I was informed that the thermocouple position in the dump pipe doesn't make a huge difference to the reading.
When gas it expands it loses heat so I would consider 100mm max away from the turbo a good position, or anywhere you can get the damn drill into without having to pull the exhaust off.

Without the aid of CFD modelling I imagine the temperature profile through the dump pipe would be difficult to calculate, but you could assume there is a lot of turbulence so the temperature gradient should be rather uniform.

Hi bigk

With our gear it is easy to set the highest temps

Reset the datalogger that is in-built by pressing the uparrow for 3 seconds. This will allow you to record the new highest EGTs for this next test.

With the Chip and EGT Controller fitted up and working, remove the Chip's inline fuse (fuse from Battery 12V +) and that will run the vehicle with (Nissan) factory tune. Take the car for a run whilst engine is hot and find a large hill that you can tow something up. Work the engine hard whilst heading up the hill to see what the MAX temp is.

Do the run a couple of times and use the datalogger to see the highest temps. Then increase the High EGT Alarm (AH1) to 10% more of that figure. This provides a safety margin so that you don't cook your engine.

BTW. You should do the initial baseline run with EGR Blank removed to get a true baseline. Then replace the fuse and the EGR Blanking plate.

This is how we set up most of our cars.

I had mine done with the EGR mod and EGT controller. The probe was installed on the dump pipe. The difference is remarkable but I still don't know what the max safe EGT is for this model. I am getting temps of between 250-490c in normal driving. The highest it went was 550c going up hill which scared the crap out of me. If anyone can help it would be appreciated. For e.g.. Say if I decided to do some beach driving. With minimal airflow to the intercooler because of low driving speed, and extra torque working in the engine I can imagine that things would get higher than 550.!....

Hi Robert,
I put a toggle switch on the fuse line so I don't have to go under the hood all the time to get the fuse out, its just a matter of switching the system on and off from inside the cab now. Any ideas if I can enable and disable the system while I am driving - on the fly so to speak???
Cheers
BK

You can however the engine will miss on switching. No problem there, just so you know. On the Toyoya's doing this will bring on a check light but not so with Nissans and Mitsus that we have tested.

We have pre common rail D22 already done now. 16.5% more HP at 75km/h

Now just waiting to make it a package for retail use.

Sign me up for one when you have it ready for retail! Was looking at a DP chip, but much more interested in a chip it module (price/features/support).
What do the torque figures look like on the non CR ZD30?

Also, off topic of Navaras, any plans to do diesel road cars also?

Cheers.

yep.... my little 2004 STR ZD30 is asking for one of these too. Its never soon enough, but as soon as one is available I would love one, doesnt have to have pretty packaging, just has to put the smile on my face.. ;)
Mostly interested in getting a little more bottom end, especially in sand where the standard has always been doughy, more so now I have bigger tyres fitted.
I was in Perth on a lap of Aus a while ago, but don't think I can make it back now, dammit. :D

Is there any progress on the ZD30 chip? Im really interested in buying one when they are available

I too would be interested in a chip for the ZD30 if it could make improvements as good as the chip for the 2.5CR does.

Is there any progress on the ZD30 chip? Im really interested in buying one when they are available

Would be good to find out, my two emails to the company have gone unanswered for the last two weeks, so either the chip is a no go or they are too busy to reply.

Would be good to find out, my two emails to the company have gone unanswered for the last two weeks, so either the chip is a no go or they are too busy to reply.

I know your pain. Ive sent a few emails to no reply. Seems some people just like blowing air up thier own a$$e$

No chip in retail form is available at the moment but we are trying to achieve a positive result soon guys.

D22uteCBR to what email address did you send to.

Cheers

No chip in retail form is available at the moment but we are trying to achieve a positive result soon guys.

D22uteCBR to what email address did you send to.

Cheers

G'day,
I sent one e-mail to [email protected] on the 1/4/2011.
The other one was a webform off your site, but Im not sure on the exact date... before the e-mail.
I'd also be interested in a chip for my 2007 Renault Megane 1.9dCi (96kw 300nm).
Cheers.

G'day,
I sent one e-mail to [email protected] on the 1/4/2011.
The other one was a webform off your site, but Im not sure on the exact date... before the e-mail.
I'd also be interested in a chip for my 2007 Renault Megane 1.9dCi (96kw 300nm).
Cheers.

Dont know what happened there. But happy to take the enquiry via PM.

Cheers

Have been going over your site and very impressed with the increases in both power and torque.

The petrol injection has caught my eye as well. Would you be able to do a better deal on all that you offer for a zd30 d22? Chip, exhaust and petrol injection system? What price would i be looking at??

Also would the vic dealer diesel tec, would they install??

Latest posts

Back