New nav blown up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
intresting sad but interesting expecialy the statement about having a few blow up lately with between 1000 and 100000 im only 2000 away from the ton and didnt get extended warenty maybe i should pay for it now befor i lose the option as for glowing befor start up i have never glowed mine no matter how cold im wondering if as you said you got home turned it of and then glowed and started again is this something that could have caused super heated fuel to go into an already heated rail there for increasing rail presure to the extent that when it hit the compresion chamber it caused the (BANG) explosion therefore forcing the conrod to find a new direction because of the resistance in the oposing cylinder im no machenic but i hope someone understands what i am saying

as for glowing befor start up i have never glowed mine no matter how cold

Why is that?

Dont diesel's have glow plugs for a reason?

I have seen my misses jump in my old D22 and just hit the key, it took allot longer to start and when it did it blew a heap of white smoke out the exhaust.
Needless to say she hasn't done that again.

After talking to the owner of the Nissan dealership it was all replaced new turbo and new glow rail, $3500 later at their expense of course and an extended warranty to 6years 200000kms and I have no problems, at least I walked out of there with the car fixed that day. And next service free.

After talking to the owner of the Nissan dealership it was all replaced new turbo and new glow rail, $3500 later at their expense of course and an extended warranty to 6years 200000kms and I have no problems, at least I walked out of there with the car fixed that day. And next service free.

If you are happy, then its a good outcome.
Hope all is well from now on.
Good luck,
Nathan

Are you sure about that Tony?, What pushes/pulls the pistons up and down? If there is a hole punched through the side of the block, then its "thrown a rod".

Yeah my bad, wrong rod. I should have written "push rods", of course if there's a piston in there there's a con rod attached by a gudgeon pin and hopefully still bolted onto the crank!

I ought to proof read my posts more.

That's a good outcome. Odd that the glow plugs went like that, I wonder what caused it?

If it happened because the seat for the glow plugs was weak, then it'll probably happen again.

I'd accept the repair and take the thing out and give it a good run. Tow something big, climb some nice hills etc. Make the thing work and see if the thing holds.

An engine in good condition won't worry about a haul up a hill with something attached to the back - we've climbed the Alpine Way with our caravan on, and quite a number of other steep hills without drama.

But if your glow seats are suspect, the higher pressure of a hard-working cylinder will unseat them again - and that means you go back to the dealer and get a new engine.

well its a positive outcome to a bad start. ur talking Nissan at Ipswich, meaning Ian Boettchers? if so i purchased my 2wd single cab BT50 from them and i respected there servicing and the way they handled my queries etc on how the car was behaving. never had a drama with them at all. i even took my 2nd hand 09 d22 to them and they gave it a look over at no costs. even cleaned the MAP sensor and reset the ecu at the same time.

good group of people and even though being badly affected by the floods they took it on the chin and kept going.

Rusty

well its a positive outcome to a bad start. ur talking Nissan at Ipswich, meaning Ian Boettchers? if so i purchased my 2wd single cab BT50 from them and i respected there servicing and the way they handled my queries etc on how the car was behaving. never had a drama with them at all. i even took my 2nd hand 09 d22 to them and they gave it a look over at no costs. even cleaned the MAP sensor and reset the ecu at the same time.

good group of people and even though being badly affected by the floods they took it on the chin and kept going.

Rusty

wish I could say the same mate, my parents have bought a few cars from there and passed on the details of the salesman. I rang twice( separate days) and asked if that particular salesperson was in. I was transferred to an answering machine where i left a pretty clear message

" Hi I am XXXX, my parents have purchased 2 cars from you and have recommend I deal with you. I am buying a new D40 and would like a price. My number is 0123, looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks"

4 weeks toady and I still have not had a call back, both messages left were identical, can't get any simpler than that. Easy deal.

Oh well someone else got the deal, and I am wrapped with my new D40. Little bit concerned now after reading this, but when so many are manufactured there is bound to be a few bad eggs.

Yeah Ian boettcher motor group they are a great group of blokes even boettcher himself. I am glad with the outcome and dw I'll be puttin the nav to the test soon with a run out the back of ripley getting pretty hectick out there after the rain should be fun

you dont even want a new motor you want a new car it could take ages for them to put a motor in f@#$% that i would drive it in to them.....

" Hi I am XXXX, my parents have purchased 2 cars from you and have recommend I deal with you. I am buying a new D40 and would like a price. My number is 0123, looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks"

4 weeks toady and I still have not had a call back, both messages left were identical, can't get any simpler than that. Easy deal.
Probably because you left a bad phone number!

Glad to hear it was only a turbo. It's ashame that turbo's have gone on Nav's all over the place. But the truth is, every car has the same problem. Crappy turbos. We just haven't learnt our lesson yet, and petrol cars are just finding it easier to ditch a turbo rather than work out how to use them.

Why is that?

Dont diesel's have glow plugs for a reason?

I have seen my misses jump in my old D22 and just hit the key, it took allot longer to start and when it did it blew a heap of white smoke out the exhaust.
Needless to say she hasn't done that again.

yeah they have glow plugs to preheat the diesel when its frezing temps as for a new car in the middle of summer if it dont fire first go in a split second id be taking the thing back and get a new one

Latest posts

Back