New nav blown up

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dully93

Reaction score
My new nav which I picked up just over a fortnight ago blew up this afternoon after 1247kms I never once thrashed it and am lets just say a little pissed. I got home from work and glowed the plugs and kicked it over it started and idled for about ten seconds before a sound like a 303 came from the engin bay and black smoke started to poor onto the front lawn. I went to turn the car off but as I did it koncked out. After an inspection of the engin bay I realized that oil had been sprayed all up under the bonnet and there is a rail on the right hand side just above the turbo that has what look to be Rods that protrude into the block? Thoughts anyone?
Just need some reassurance that the 34000 bucks I spent was worth it?

Wow, that's an unusual event. With that few km on the clock I'm betting there's a warranty claim with your name on it that will see the thing fixed. These cars just don't blow up like that.

Have you called Nissan?

Sorry to hear about that and i am very surprised as well, i have never really herd of one going like that never mind one with no km on it.
Nissan should just throw a complete motor in, i dont think i would be wanting it to just be repaired.
I had a AU series 2 5lt falcon ute that developed a knock at 45k, they just replaced the whole donk, and didnt bother trying to fix it.

Can you tell us what nav and motor? That is a very strange outcome from doing a standard everyday thing especially with that little kms on the clock. That jasdeg warranty written all over it. To me that would be a replacement motor not a rebuild.

Rusty

Not good news mate hopefully Nissan will get on top of it quick for ya. Thinking must have been a serious error during assembly

thats some BS right there, dont take a rebuild offer if they offer it, you will want a new engine, cant believe it put a whole in the block from idleing

thats no good mate i have no clue what happened but i would like to know keep us posted

It's a 2012 D22 special Ed I called Nissan and the tow truck is coming tomorrow morning to take it to the dealer for further inspection spoke to the guy I bought it from he is a family friend and he nearly assured me a new rig. And a little interesting fact that I quoted from a mate I went to school with that works for Nissan Ipswich "we have had three blow up this week ranging from head to turbo with mainly being turbos ranging from 1000-100000 km" but he said mine sounds like both
And on one bright side they are giving me a new bt-50 to drive the 4x4 model till it gets fixed thank god I know this guy otherwise I believe it would be alot harder to deal with them:rambo:

I'm trying to think what could have let go. There is a rail on the exhaust side - it's the glow plug rail and it will have "rods" that had into the side of the engine. There are no conrods with an overhead camshaft engine.

If the turbocharger return oil feed line is blocked I guess that could cause not only the bang as the input line lets go, but it'll spray oil everywhere.

That doesn't explain the black smoke. Black smoke is incompletely burnt diesel (unburnt diesel is white, oil is blue). That makes me think that there was an air restriction or a fuel rail that went over-pressure.

I'm assuming it's a D22, or I'd postulate the idea that the turbo vanes had closed choking up the intake.

Tough one to pick the cause with only having a paragraph of description and no photos.

If it was just a turbo, then there's no need to replace the whole engine, but if there's been a puncture of the block, the motor HAS to be replaced.

Sorry didn't finish the first post the "rods" thatgo into the blocks are the glow plug rail and three of the four are bent away from the original orientation and snapped off and I think the smoke may have had something to do with the turbo along with the bang but I will still be pushing for a new car

Take a shit load of photos before it goes in mate, all around the engine bay. You never know if you will need them.

Then also post a couple up here.

Mate already ahead of u taken pics they are on my phone so I can't upload them cause I currently don't have access to a comp but the only thing u can se is the glow plug rail really cause the turbo is housed

The facts I find out are all four glow plugs blew simultaneously and the hose for the turbo fell off I am having a meeting with the owner of the dealership in an hour and will post up what comes off it. They still don't know what caused it?

I have just brought one too. Mine has 2500ks on it. No problems yet but I will be honest I am now feeling a little nervous!

Latest posts

Back