New D40 limp mode

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blkvtr

Reaction score
Hi guys I have an 09/12 build manual D40 2.5 I did the egr blank at around 4000km and love it much smoother / no lag at slow speeds and around 8.3l/100km (mostly highway), at just before 6000km on the highway it goes into limp mode so I pull over turn off then on and all ok then today at 7500km it happened twice.

I'm thinking if its the egr plate it seems strange that it took 2000km to happen then nothing for another 1500km, now the 5000km service has been flashing / showing how many kms over 5000km it is, the salesman said when I purchased it said to ignore the 5k service as it has the capped price servicing at 10k intervals. It's too late to call the dealer now do you think it could be over service causing limp mode or the egr blank?

I plan to call the dealer in the morning re the car thinking it needs the service and depending on what they say may remove the egr plate.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks guys.

quite possible its a egr problem but to know whats going on you need a scangauge or ultra gauge i have the latter $105 delivered in 5 days that should help or can you get someone to check your computor for fualts logged

it wont be the service indicator... this can easerly be re set when the car is started and the service numbers are up just depress the odometer butten and it will let you adjust it. you may need to do it a few times as it might only let you do it in 1000k intervals... as for the egr search the thread for retriving codes. you can do it without a scan gauge. You can read the flashes of the engine light like morse code. old tony has done many threads on it so try searching for details. You might have to drill a small hole in the egr plate to let a small amount of air flow as i think the newer modles have a sensor in the egr to monitor air flow... the hole will trick it in to thinking its working... Good luck...

Thanks for the replys guys, I called the dealer service dept and was put on hold four times for some very basic questions.... I did an ecu reset and ill see if that does anything it just seems odd that it was fine for 2k km you would think if there was a sensor it would happen straight away...

Just read on facebook Nissans page, same issue apparently a wire rubbing something to do with o2 sensor

hey mate, if yours is a 140kW model, they need a small hole in the EGR plate to let a small amount of EGR through to keep the computer happy, previous models didnt need it... or so I've read on here

Back