Navara 2010 2.5 diesel fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh

Step ur O2 sensor out as it will fix the problem. If you are unsure call Justin at Chip It over there as he now has his head around this too. As I said above I am now done over 500 kms and more than two weeks and no white smoke!! Yippee!!

Do you know what your fuel consumption is like?

SWEET!!!!:rock:
Bosshog if you don't blow smoke now well it must be that cheat bung !!! Im go down to mates work shop and build one like in your pics !!!

Same here im more for max performance And yes 150kw and 520 of Nm is awsome!!, so you must have it set on 5 then ????? We turned it back to 4 when this smoke thing started.

Just like you said before as well when you got tears trying to reverse your car or going through MACCS drive through is not cool !!!! You get funny looks!!!!

Soooooo... people i'll give this ways bosshog has tryed and keep ya posted.... Carnt wait:rock:

SWEET!!!!:rock:
Bosshog if you don't blow smoke now well it must be that cheat bung !!! Im go down to mates work shop and build one like in your pics !!!

Same here im more for max performance And yes 150kw and 520 of Nm is awsome!!, so you must have it set on 5 then ????? We turned it back to 4 when this smoke thing started.

Just like you said before as well when you got tears trying to reverse your car or going through MACCS drive through is not cool !!!! You get funny looks!!!!

Soooooo... people i'll give this ways bosshog has tryed and keep ya posted.... Carnt wait:rock:

Good luck I really hope it works for you as repeatability will confirm it wasn't just a fluke.

I have been playing with the chip and have now got to a point where I need more air as there is still loads more fuel I can pour in but she just can't suck enough air. After market CAI and intercooler now needed I guess.

I look forward to hearing only good news from you Chris.

Gus

2008 Manual 2.5l Diesel Dual cab with 59000k on clock, getting 9.4 - 9.8 l/100k.
Mainly shortish highway runs and town driving.

Murph

Anyone ever end up getting better economy figures? mine still 13L/100km shit house I recon.

Anyone ever end up getting better economy figures? mine still 13L/100km shit house I recon.

Same here Westy, around about the 13LPHK, I put bigger tyres on (275/65/17) and it shot up to around 14LPHK, I blocked my EGR and did a ECU reset now back down to 13, pretty crap if you ask me.
I have tried tanks going ever so easy on the accel pedal with only a slight improvement than driving it harder, highway gets me better econ but not as much as one would think.
The reason I went diesel was for the fantastic fuel economy they are supposed to get.

The thing with being light footed to try and drop economy figures a bit is that one persons light foot may not be as light as another therefore what you could still be experiencing is higher economy because of your driving habits. We aren't all going to magically get the same figures but just saying your light footed may not be the difference you need to change figures.

In another thread someone was having trouble with their D40 fuel consumption being high and by dropping from 110kph to 100kph on the highways fuel economy dropped back to similar figures that others were talking about. I don't know what speeds anyone drives at or just how heavy footed they are but I'm sure we can all make some alterations to our driving styles that will change economy more than Nissan will or could ever do.

I Understand what your saying Krafty but I don't think you should have to drive like miss daisy to get decent economy figures considering the manual gets heaps better economy and for other vehicle brand like ford ranger and the d-max for example get far better economy then the auto navaras do, I had a VY SS commodore before the nav and even that got better economy with the same driving styles, mate of mine has a ford transit diesel and drives it flat out around the city full of tools and still gets +750km when the light comes on out of a tank (80L) I just don't understand why the navara's use so much fuel? What sort of figures are you getting? Light footed? And just driving normal keeping up with the traffic?

The thing with being light footed to try and drop economy figures a bit is that one persons light foot may not be as light as another therefore what you could still be experiencing is higher economy because of your driving habits. We aren't all going to magically get the same figures but just saying your light footed may not be the difference you need to change figures.

In another thread someone was having trouble with their D40 fuel consumption being high and by dropping from 110kph to 100kph on the highways fuel economy dropped back to similar figures that others were talking about. I don't know what speeds anyone drives at or just how heavy footed they are but I'm sure we can all make some alterations to our driving styles that will change economy more than Nissan will or could ever do.

Please trust me when I say I drive light footed, I have done this experiment many times with many vehicles over the years and know difference, in saying that I have seen how many others drive and understand what you are saying.
I have accepted the fuel figures now and try not to worry about too much, hopefully with an exhaust upgrade I can do a little better. (not to mention a DPF delete at some stage)

Same here Westy, around about the 13LPHK, I put bigger tyres on (275/65/17) and it shot up to around 14LPHK, I blocked my EGR and did a ECU reset now back down to 13, pretty crap if you ask me.
I have tried tanks going ever so easy on the accel pedal with only a slight improvement than driving it harder, highway gets me better econ but not as much as one would think.
The reason I went diesel was for the fantastic fuel economy they are supposed to get.

Yeah mate mine is the same doesn’t seem to change much from driving it hard or taking it easy or highway or city driving always seem to get about the same lucky to get 550km when the light comes on something strange about these Navs!

I've had snorkel since pretty much new, so not sure if it helps. Im getting 10-10.5 lp100km. (with bullbar, winch & canopy) generally around town. I dont find open rd to be any better, which is weird. Since doing EGR mod I have noticed improvement, closer to 10lp100km.

I did some calculations based on some reasonable fuel consumption figures and distances and came up with a figure of 0.0417ml of diesel consumed in every power stroke while cruising. This may or may not be entirely accurate, but it can't be too far wrong, because ...

In order to do 100km/h my engine has to turn over at 2,000rpm. At 2,000rpm my 4-cylinder engine will have 4,000 power strokes every minute, or 240,000 power strokes per hour. 240,000 times 0.0417 = 10 litres per hour (at 100km/h = 100 km). Okay, so assuming that the figure is close ...

If you increase the RPM by just 500rpm (2500rpm) there are 5,000 power strokes per minute or 300,000 power strokes per hour, consuming 0.0417ml per stroke gives us 12.5 litres used per hour.

So, just 500rpm causes a 2.5LPHK rise in fuel consumption. Using just 2,000rpm to take off and gather speed makes me feel like I'm in need of a pine box, but it saves on juice.

I bet the economy test (which I believe was done statically, ie on a dyno) was done gently as well. It also doesn't take into account wind resistance.

Yeah mate mine is the same doesn’t seem to change much from driving it hard or taking it easy or highway or city driving always seem to get about the same lucky to get 550km when the light comes on something strange about these Navs!

That something strange is called a DPF!

I wish I had have done some more research before buying, like I said in another post if you compare $$ per tank between the auto and manual us poor auto owners are losing out big time at the bowser.

I've had snorkel since pretty much new, so not sure if it helps. Im getting 10-10.5 lp100km. (with bullbar, winch & canopy) generally around town. I dont find open rd to be any better, which is weird. Since doing EGR mod I have noticed improvement, closer to 10lp100km.

Thats not bad I don't think anywhere aorund the 10 i would be happy with, a guy at work just put one on his bravo and the claims that it improved his fuel might have to get one and see what happens?

Is this an auto?

That something strange is called a DPF!

I wish I had have done some more research before buying, like I said in another post if you compare $$ per tank between the auto and manual us poor auto owners are losing out big time at the bowser.

I know mate i wish i knew about the DPF before i ordered, I would have got the manual straight away!

Yeah I'm happy enough, but was getting 9.5 when new, and thought it would get better, it did go through a bad spot at about 9000k-12000k where it blew out to 11.5 lper100k

Latest posts

Back