Navara 2010 2.5 diesel fuel consumption

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a 2010 D22 manual done like 5500km and getting about 800 out of a tank. So thats around 9.4 per 100kms. But when i drive on a highway I sit on about 110 and that figure drops to around 650-700 out of a tank

fuel consumption

picked up new 2.5 d40 on friday, in bundy, trip down to brisbane on saturday, on way down 11.5lt/100k--- on trip back 8.5lt/100k. that was at posted speed limit. cant complain about that.

Hi all,

I have a D40 Auto and just clocked 55000, all i have done is the EGR and i am getting 10.2l per 100.
Is it worth putting on a DPF delete pipe, is so do i have to put in the O2 extension like BH did or has chip it modified the pipes to fix the white smoke problem?

can some one give me a resonable answer on wht to do?

Simon.

Simon, the jury on the thing is still out.

There are three ways to stop the waste of fuel.

1) Re-write the ECU program. This is the most efficient, but at the next Nissan service they load the factory program back on and there goes the effort.

2) Utilising the information from the CAS (crank angle sensor) to determine where each piston is in its cycle, intercept the injector signals and discard (ignore) signals made during the exhaust stroke. This is hard to do, because most chip manufacturers don't actually intercept injector signals, it seems - they just fiddle with fuel rail pressures. They also don't (often) monitor the CAS info.

3) Have the chip send dummy signals to the ECU, misleading it into thinking that the O2 and pressure sensors in the DPF are functioning normally and are not in need of a regen cycle. Not all chips can do this, it will be a very model-specific thing for the chip so it's going to cost a lot more.

Personally, I am holding off on the DPF delete pipe until the white smoke issue is resolved. I don't know which path to take - I'm actually in favour of trying to get an OBD-interface-based ECU programming facility and adjust the program to exclude the exhaust-based injector openings. If I can do that myself, and provide basic, easy instructions on how others can do it, then it doesn't matter what the service guys to - my DPF can be removed and my fuel consumption will be reduced.

That's the theory I'm working on at the moment, anyway.

Simon, the jury on the thing is still out.

There are three ways to stop the waste of fuel.

1) Re-write the ECU program. This is the most efficient, but at the next Nissan service they load the factory program back on and there goes the effort.

2) Utilising the information from the CAS (crank angle sensor) to determine where each piston is in its cycle, intercept the injector signals and discard (ignore) signals made during the exhaust stroke. This is hard to do, because most chip manufacturers don't actually intercept injector signals, it seems - they just fiddle with fuel rail pressures. They also don't (often) monitor the CAS info.

3) Have the chip send dummy signals to the ECU, misleading it into thinking that the O2 and pressure sensors in the DPF are functioning normally and are not in need of a regen cycle. Not all chips can do this, it will be a very model-specific thing for the chip so it's going to cost a lot more.

Personally, I am holding off on the DPF delete pipe until the white smoke issue is resolved. I don't know which path to take - I'm actually in favour of trying to get an OBD-interface-based ECU programming facility and adjust the program to exclude the exhaust-based injector openings. If I can do that myself, and provide basic, easy instructions on how others can do it, then it doesn't matter what the service guys to - my DPF can be removed and my fuel consumption will be reduced.

That's the theory I'm working on at the moment, anyway.

Well Old Tony, i am just out at Anna BAy if you need help, please keep me posted.

Simon :cheers!:

Well Old Tony, i am just out at Anna BAy if you need help, please keep me posted.

Simon :cheers!:

Hi Simon

we sell about 40 DPF Race pipes a month for these D40s. It saves the factory ECU from receiving a signal from the DPF to say it is blocked. This stops the factory ECU from doing a post burn injection cycle on this condition. The hard coded entry in the factory ECu is based on time/kms ... not pressure differential and this hard coded instruction is the one that no chip manufacturer can ever conquer as Old.Tony mentioned. This is only something that someone with access to the Nissan factory ECU codes can ever change and no one has ever done this to my knowledge

With a DPF the first "I'm blocking up" code is no longer sent and most customers get 1 to 2 litres saving / 100 km

Its not a lot but its pretty good

With the Chip you save a little more because we take advantage of this exhaust mod and REDUCE fuel from the fuel map on take off. This saves a bit of fuel too. Also with extra torque now available you don't have the transmission knocking down a gear or two when you go up hills and you don't have to wring the neck of your engine to get it to go ... both of these facts save fuel.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi Simon

we sell about 40 DPF Race pipes a month for these D40s. It saves the factory ECU from receiving a signal from the DPF to say it is blocked. This stops the factory ECU from doing a post burn injection cycle on this condition. The hard coded entry in the factory ECu is based on time/kms ... not pressure differential and this hard coded instruction is the one that no chip manufacturer can ever conquer as Old.Tony mentioned. This is only something that someone with access to the Nissan factory ECU codes can ever change and no one has ever done this to my knowledge

With a DPF the first "I'm blocking up" code is no longer sent and most customers get 1 to 2 litres saving / 100 km

Its not a lot but its pretty good

With the Chip you save a little more because we take advantage of this exhaust mod and REDUCE fuel from the fuel map on take off. This saves a bit of fuel too. Also with extra torque now available you don't have the transmission knocking down a gear or two when you go up hills and you don't have to wring the neck of your engine to get it to go ... both of these facts save fuel.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks Robert,

A answer i can understand, I will try the DPF delete race pipe first and see how that goes, NO white smoke?????

Regards :thank_you2:

You only get white smoke if you change your CAT leave your CAT alone and you will be fine.

Anyone keen to try to swap the ECU with a manual one or for a ECU out of a auto before the DPF came out?

There was an ECU on ebay a few months back for $60, buy it and swap till your heats content.

Might call Justin and ask him what he thinks I wonder if you could use one out of a Auto Nav that didn't have a DPF to start with. what do you think?

I wouldn't try an auto's ECU in a manual or vice versa. Certainly the manual's ECU may not let you drive the vehicle at all, because it may not communicate with the auto gearbox's TCM.

Does anyone know when the autos started to come out with the DPF? I'm going to swap out the ecu and see what happens. I can't find anyone who will remap the system and nissan won't do it so its the only option left! Nissan told me that now all the new autos ST etc don't have a DPF and that was because they where having so many problems with them! wish i didn't get one of these!

Early to mid 09 and they were phased out on most models by mid 2010 I believe from posted stated on here .

Latest posts

Back