National Navara Muster?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahaha yea dont worry the 550 got a fair workout from everyone, great on the road, really smooth like a car with plenty of power, not too keen on the electronic rear diff thou, even with traction control off it was restrictive

Oops. the standard clearance on a d40 just dosnt cut it. Hmmm. I even tried to go very very slow.
But on a positive, the 550 was really nice to drive off road ... Just need more clearance height.

Oh well...afterall Nissan have just done some cosmetic changes to the old "salonmobile"...dressed up mutton:sarcastic:

Nissan should have taken heed of B/hogs words of wisdom...see my sig, and given you guys a real machine to test.

:cheers!:

The muster was a GREAT! weekend, was nice too chill out around the fire at night and talk too the guys and girls in person.
The 550 was awesome, so much torque. I WANT ONE!!! but it wouldn't be no "salonmobile" by the time I was finished with it.

who organised this on a GF weekend?
Gf wins every time....

Football didn't come into it.

School holidays and public holidays made the decision for us, but unfortunately it also coincided with other things:

Deni Ute Muster
Aerial Ping Pong Grand Final (did Geelong win?)
Nancy-Boy Handball Grand Final (did Manly win that?)

There was no FOOTball event that we knew of, unless the Europeans had something on.

At some stages the camp ground/track to the main road, were muddy enough to give it some real world testing. I took it for a run on Saturday, You wouldnt hear many people complain about the torque it has. I popped it into a puddle of mud on the way home, and it got me back out without any dramas. I think it would make an excellent towing vehicle.

Absolutely right there. The torque that thing develops is amazing, it just winds up and surprises you with how effortlessly it gets to speed. Should have had a towbar on it so I could hook up the van and try it out!

The stability control was terrific, it was a bit of a shame that you couldn't turn it off if you needed to. I was told the VCD OFF button on the dash was not very effective.

Okay, I am currently transferring 989 photos taken on my camera over the weekend to my computer.

NOT all of these will be on the final lot sent out. I often put my camera into "sports mode" which takes 3 photos per second, allowing me to choose one from the group that has "just the right feel". These pictures will take some considerable time to go through, but I will definitely make an effort to get this done very soon and will post a few teasers up in here now and again.

Just to wet your appetite and provide you with a fond reminder, here's a couple:

Scotty doin' his thang ...
attachment.php

The lineup for the day run:
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2625-resized.jpg
    IMG_2625-resized.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_2632-resized.jpg
    IMG_2632-resized.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 128
Here's a close-up of mine after I went and had some fun in the mud ... actually I was just collecting firewood, but we won't tell anybody that!
attachment.php

And just to show you how many of us had some fun, check this group shot out (I scaled this one down to a slightly higher resolution):
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2874-resized.jpg
    IMG_2874-resized.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2779-resized.jpg
    IMG_2779-resized.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 175
ahaha yea dont worry the 550 got a fair workout from everyone, great on the road, really smooth like a car with plenty of power, not too keen on the electronic rear diff thou, even with traction control off it was restrictive

it certainly is a nice car
but for me to buy one it would have to have the option to turn off stability control completely,even with traction control off it was still interupting my fun
and the electronic rear diff sucked
great road car,ecellent tow car but its ability off road would be fair at best in standard form, i wouldnt like to take it on the sand with that rear diff
thankyou nissan for giving us the opportunity to test it

Totally understand Krankin, but to paraphrase the BCF add " that ain't living, this is living"!!

"Sword of Justice"

What a great weekend.Great to put some more faces to names.the 550 definately had some balls but yes that rear diff is a pain in the arse.It was a great location and the hosts were magnificent aswell.i have to say that the muster committee did an absolutely fantastic job and they couldn't be faulted.Next year if planned right with no football or bathurst or bikes I think the numbers will double if not more and will be awesome.I think this will get bigger and bigger each year.It was well worth the travel.

Here's a close-up of mine after I went and had some fun in the mud ... actually I was just collecting firewood, but we won't tell anybody that!
attachment.php

This was a classic! Tony didn't even intend to get go 4WDing, but ended up getting recovered by a Patrol in the farmer's driveway! LOL.

Back