Hi from Darwin

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inphered

Reaction score
Howdy howdy howdy everyone.

Thought i'd drop a line and introduce myself. The wife and I returned from Canada in Jan last year and a mate of mine was kind enough to loan his 2011 D40 ST to me to drive while we got back on our feet. I decided after driving it for ages and enjoying the comfort and truck in general to buy it from him.

So i'm now a part of the Navara family. :hello:

I do have some plans for the d40. Suspension, bullbar, UHF, snorkel, canopy, better tyres, to begin with.

This is all of course after i fix some issues with the car. Had both front bearings changed about 3 weeks ago, and now the other night I noticed a slight thumping noise from the front (can't pin it to the left or right) that begins around 60km/h. After having bearing issues with our truck in Canada i'm pretty sure we got a dud bearing when they got changed.

This was all brought in after mounting a kerb at 45-50km/h avoiding a drunk driver and bending (what my mechanic and I have now found) one of the lock bolts for the control arm shaft in the impact to the point we can't get it out. The squeaking and grinding as the suspension moves and the steering turns is driving me nuts.

So, gotta get that all fixed first (but hasn't tainted my views on the Navara one bit) then its time to get cracking on the mods.

Look forward to making new mates and turning the Navara into a nice off road tourer.

Hi Mate, welcome to the forum.....

When you are upgrading and adding bits and pieces, keep in mind the GVM as it will quickly add up..

Hey Ben_W, nice to see another Darwinite on here.

And Wallaby, yeah have considered that, but not in too much detail yet, hoping the bar, tow bar, suspension and tyres don't push it too close

Welcome, and drink driving is a sport up here, get use to dodging them.

Rumpig, Born and bred, we escaped to the land of maple syrup for a bit. Used to playing frogger with the drunks and locals

Latest posts

Back