my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so i drilled and tapped the two holes at the top of the block today for the patrol gearbox and put the sump on to make sure it fit.
P1010052.jpg

Then i did a test fit on the gearbox..
P1010049.jpg

had to cut and fold a bit of the front of the trans tunnel to clear the top of the patrol box. If thats the only thing i have to cut ill be very happy.
Box wont go much higher then that without causing issues but its got about as much clearance as the nav box and transfer did. Nav crossmember almost works..just have to make slight modifications.

P1010053.jpg

Motor still sits fairly square..
P1010050.jpg

Will have to mod the shifters as the box sits a fair bit higher into the cab then the nav box did. All in all its looking very positive

Now i just need the single mass flywheel kit, clutch, starter, bellhousing backing plate, a few bolts and the clutch slave and the gearbox is done

now im really interested,
would you be willing to borrow other design's lol,
cause i want to get a set of slider's and also get a front tube winch bar.
you should get a patrol 3.0L intercooler and put on the nav.

already got it. its on the shelf with a thermo fan waiting to go in haha.
Ive got no designs so if im copying itll make it even easier. Dimensions would be sweet haha.

CrImg_SideBar17.jpg

im thinking something like that
what do you reckon?

for the front bar im thinking something like boof's

Yeah look alright, not too hard, looks like youll still have to drill your chassis to fit them. The sliders are probably simple enough that itd be cheaper for you to get a local mob to do them, as the postage would kill any saving id be able to make you.

haha yeah i need more action to satisfy myself...at a halt at the moment while waiting for parts.

next to an old 35...
P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

Put them up against daves nav and they came up to the bonnet:big_smile:

i know it's a negative thing to say and please forgive me but did the thought of buying a patrol and chopping it into a dual cab ever enter your mind?
i know ur nav is so much cooler, lighter, and capable, but dude, sooo much work!
i admire your dedication and i am sure i'm not alone.

Latest posts

Back