my D22 getting SAS

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey joshy, should got some 54's

54inchboggervsjk.jpg

Last edited:
54s sound good.....i already rkn the 42s are too small...:big_smile:

i know it's a negative thing to say and please forgive me but did the thought of buying a patrol and chopping it into a dual cab ever enter your mind?
i know ur nav is so much cooler, lighter, and capable, but dude, sooo much work!
i admire your dedication and i am sure i'm not alone.

Ah yeah it kinda did...but the 10g plus id loose on the nav by selling it killed the idea, plus its now one of a kind. and GU dual cab chops are generaly pretty ugly although i would have done it different to most. instead of having the wheel arch just filled in, mod the doors so there square, like most dual cabs...would look much nicer.

And im too stuborn to listen to what all my mates told me to do :big_smile:

bet ya can't wait to get the big girl on the road hey?

i for one can't wait to see what it can do and i'd bet theres quite a few posters here who are just as keen if not more!

keep it up and we'll keep watchin (& dreaming!)

bet ya can't wait to get the big girl on the road hey?

i for one can't wait to see what it can do and i'd bet theres quite a few posters here who are just as keen if not more!

keep it up and we'll keep watchin (& dreaming!)

Cheers mate, i cant wait to get it on the road but still be a little while yet.

-Final fit gearbox + redo wiring and make x member - prob not this weekend but the weekend after should be done.
-Finish grinding rails back
-plug holes in floor pan
-fit lockers and reassemble diffs
-Brace diffs and cut off old mounts
-sort out front suspension/steering
-sort out hydraulic lines
-sort out rear suspension
-sort out brakelines
(above couple will take the longest...)
-sort out driveshafts
-cut and redo guards
-fit beadlocks
-fit harness seats
-modify back seat
-exo cage/sliders/bullbar/tray
-plus heaps of other little things i want to improve on how i had it before or what i wanted to do.

most of the $$$ stuff ive already bought so shouldnt be many more hold ups waiting on parts altho i am still waitin on suspension to arrive.

You're going to have to take it on an OZ tour josh so we can all see it in the flesh.

haha where ever there is wheeling ill be going. Gota go back to springs 4x4 park and not break a transfer chain.

I think this and Dave's Super tourer are the 2 most viewed D22's in Aus.

Josh just be sure to go overkill on security on this thing.

Dave.

Epic. Thanks for that. You make it sound so easy using the words "sort out". :big_smile:

ah left a few things out.
tube doors
intercooler
and there were a few other things i thought of today i cant think of again now.

I think this and Dave's Super tourer are the 2 most viewed D22's in Aus.

Josh just be sure to go overkill on security on this thing.

Dave.

The supertourer is in a whole nother league to mine. but i dont think theres too many heavily modified ones getting around. Yeah ill be going nuts with the security...thousands worth in bolt on parts..

Finally got everything i needed to put the patrol sump on. So its been gasket goo-d and bolted on. PITA the rear bolts cant be accessed while the gearbox is on, otherwise i wouldnt have put the gasket on till later.

Back to the waiting for parts game...hopefully get the single mass flywheel and clutch next week so i can get the gbox out of the way.

so when you get the bad girl finished joshy, i think you should make another trip back up to landcrusier park, do some comparision's lol

haha see how 32"s stack up against 42"s haha ill deffinetly be heading up. im hoping for aus day again.

How busy was the park on the last Aus Day? I was at Double Island Point last one.

Might try and tie in a trip/meet up when you go next.

ah didnt seem to bad? duno how busy it was compared to normal, someone said crowds were down i think. weather was shockin tho, at one stage the creeks were uncrossable to the other camp grounds...pushing 4b's sideways... cool to watch tho.

Back