Mud or A/T

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jax have BFG's on sale at the moment for $ 259.00 , I've had them before and dont like them , they go " off " hard before they ware out , but if your looking for a cross over tyre , take a look at the Micky Thompson 4 rib atz , or even the MTZ ive had those and they wore great i got 80,000 out of mine and they were brilliant on the road for a mud tyre , pretty quiet too , until they started to get quite down

I have a/t's and they last way to long lol! 40k and they look 80/90%, I'm going muddies next time :rock:

, MTZ ive had those and they wore great i got 80,000 out of mine and they were brilliant on the road for a mud tyre , pretty quiet too , until they started to get quite down

Haha, amazing,I must have been doing something wrong! I went through 2 full sets, and just got 40000k from both!So 80000k from 8 tyres all up for me. After around 30000k they got loud!

Maybe not in the budget but have you considered a set of muds on another set of rims that you can put on for the off road adventures?
You can just run h/t's or a/t's for the highway use.

If you just want at's dick cepeks are worth a look.

This is what I was considering doing. Has anyone here done it? Is it worth while? Apart from cost, is changing them the only other hassle?

This is what I was considering doing. Has anyone here done it? Is it worth while? Apart from cost, is changing them the only other hassle?

I cant imagine changing 4 wheels every time I wanted to go for a play.

Haha, amazing,I must have been doing something wrong! I went through 2 full sets, and just got 40000k from both!So 80000k from 8 tyres all up for me. After around 30000k they got loud!

Well not that i think this matters , but they were on a ML Triton , i say 80 k but as a mud tyre they would have been **it all usless at 60 k , but ok on the road until they were bordering on ilegal

hahaha looks like i have a fair few options out there to pick from!
cheers for the response guys!

go good year dura tracks they are half a/t half mud kinda tyres but look tough
ive got a set great on road not much noise and decent enough offroad...

Originally Posted by navarian
Maybe not in the budget but have you considered a set of muds on another set of rims that you can put on for the off road adventures?
You can just run h/t's or a/t's for the highway use.

I do,i have a set of muds on steel rims.It takes less than half an hour to change them over with a good trolley jack and a 12v wrench.
They only go on for trips,rest of the time i run kumho at's.
No way i'm wearing out over a grands worth of muds on the black top.

Tyres do go hard and brittle if they're not being used. Not sure how long they could sit for though as I've never really bothered with a second set.

If you've got the money its a great idea

micket T all terrains are pretty good but depends on what your driving on the weekend..mote seriuos stuff id go the muddies but medium levels stuff AT and right pressures will get you a long way..(cept in mud lol)

I have gone with the Maxxis 700's! done some research on the net and no 1 has really given them a bad word! and @ $249 per tyre i cant go wrong! (tyre size i went 265/75/16 LT)

Latest posts

Back