morgan have i missed something....?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy d22

Reaction score
went to the morgan quarry area behind the caravan park yesterday, after a day out wake boarding. suffice to say i was a bit bemused as to why there is a bit of hype regarding this area as a 4wd destination.
if i owned a dirt bike i reckon it would be a great spot, but for a challenge for a fourbie its a bit under done. no real hills, a small sand section, the only time i think it would be good is if the place was flooded out.
any thoughts fellas....?:hmmmm:

My GPS agrees with you, last time we went through there the GPS did everything it could to divert us around Morgan. I even told it we wanted to go from Renmark to Ceduna and include a ferry and it still bypassed Morgan and went via the ferry from Adelaide (or the burbs where the ferry goes from), yet sitting on the ferry in Morgan the stupid GPS told me we were in Morgan and on a ferry. It's a conspiracy Morgan should be removed from the map.

well i reckon the ferry had more aproach and departure angles than the quarry behind the caravan park.. ha ha i agree

Well that's disappointing. I thought it was supposed to be a 4wding Mecca! I've looked up the quarry on YouTube and it seems pretty decent, I wonder what's made it so different???

That was going to be my suggestion for a SANOG trip too, but I think we'll pass then. Maybe loveday......

The day going through Morgan was the only day I have lifted the bonnet of the Nav actually looking for a problem. Thankfully I didn't find one but the "Lo Oil" warning on the dash when I left Renmark got the better of me by the time I got to Morgan and I just had to check it, and that was about the most interesting thing I'd sen in Morgan.

yeah will i spent a good 25-30mins running around the tracks out the back and ended up back on the highway and went....'is that it?'
hey will what about dorado downs outside tailem bend? if ya want to try sand hills without the big trip to the simpson then i have heard its pretty good with semi decent facilities.
unfortunately krafty us guys in south oz arent blessed with the best tracks close to home, so we try hard to find something a bit challenging, morgan was meant to be that. but some bugger told me it was good, oh well the search continues.........

Yeah but atleast in SA you can drive on some of the beaches, in Victoria beach driving is very taboo.

yeah right, didnt know that. funny about that though, we can drive a pristine beach go fishing and all that, but not up a fire trail here in sa.....

Yeah we can only drive on the beach where no one is watching. Oops I mean we aren't allowed to drive on the beach at all...silly me forgetting that. I know of a few places around the SE coast where the rangers wont tell you off for driving on the beach as long as they can see you've only used the sand to get to and from a camp site and not digging the place up but they are few and far between.

I'm not sure on the legalities of fire trails in Vic, but they probably have rules for them too. I've got thousands of APM and bush tracks up behind my place, they aren't very taxing for the 4wd but they are still good tracks very little traffic and good scenery

Back