More fuel??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redman

Reaction score
Is there anyway of getting more fuel going through her...

Is chip & tune the only way??

No adjustments on fuel pumps or anything??

Ta

Cut out the firewall on the drivers side and you can push the pedal further?

Cut out the firewall on the drivers side and you can push the pedal further?

LOL...

Power's not a problem, got plenty of... Just heard that running to lean can damage internals.. Especially towing big load over distance..

Running a bit lean after throwing new intake, intercooler, exhaust, EGT and wanted to just help push a bit more diesel through... Without spending $1500 for a Chip tune n guage...

its a diesel, you can't run it to lean. the only thing you have to watch out for is to much fuel or to much egr. both cause black smoke. so as long as it doesn't blow smoke you will be fine.

chipping is the only way to add fuel. pumps are fully electronic. even in stock form i doubt you could max the pump out. you would be pushing some serous power before you need to mod the pump.

as you have the intercooler, chipping will make a big difference to driveability especially when towing.

Thanks Tweak'e..

Yeh doesnt puff a millimetre of black smoke which i was worried about.... I always see diesels blow at least a little when their into it.. Was just a little worried with none at all...

I like the way it tow's already... Chipit next once the funds say so.. :)

Hey Redman,
what sorta intercooler did you get?
I'm looking at going down this path at the moment and i've got a case of information overload:suicide2:

just thinking out loud, the boost pressure sensor sends a signal to the ECU in some voltage range, ie 0 -5 V (0 = 0psi and 5 = 16psi (ish)). Could this signal be re-mapped to trick the ECU into adding more fuel? Ie say from the factory 2.5V corresponds to 8psi (ie actual pressure). If we remap this 2.5V to read a higher number than wat the actual pressure is say 10 psi? would this add more fuel? If it did, it could correct the under fuelling at low rpm and improve turbo lag.

just thinking out loud, the boost pressure sensor sends a signal to the ECU in some voltage range, ie 0 -5 V (0 = 0psi and 5 = 16psi (ish)). Could this signal be re-mapped to trick the ECU into adding more fuel? Ie say from the factory 2.5V corresponds to 8psi (ie actual pressure). If we remap this 2.5V to read a higher number than wat the actual pressure is say 10 psi? would this add more fuel? If it did, it could correct the under fuelling at low rpm and improve turbo lag.

That's what I believe the Chipit chip does.

So if a chip just tells it to inject more fuel what are the dangers of using a chip,
More heat? Or more stress on engine components?
I've always considered a chip but it worries me about damage I may cause to my engine,
I no it is recommended to put a exhaust on to help get the heat out better

Hey Redman,
what sorta intercooler did you get?
I'm looking at going down this path at the moment and i've got a case of information overload:suicide2:

Hey mate, Done all the piping/joining etc myself at 2.5inch.. The actual intercooler is from a guy in NZ...

SKYLINE R32 RB20 INTERCOOLER 465 X 260 X 70 - 2.5 " (eBay item 140522679287 end time 17-Mar-11 18:36:03 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

There is a link of the same intercooler i have on mine from the same guy...

Probably took about a week to get here...

Latest posts

Back