Limp mode problem - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sami_b

Reaction score
Hi
I also have limp mode problem with my D40 2,5dci. So i changed by my self the PUMP SUCTION CONTROL VALVE. This doesn t resolve the prob at 100%, now when i start engine i got limp mode (no errors on dashboard) so i have to stop it and restart it again and it s ok.
But i want to sell and i can t due to this problem.

Any idea ?

Ps :i tried to reset pump but it dont work (disconnecting battery and the other method)

Hi Sami,

When you say "limp mode" do you mean that it just has no power? Can you rev the engine to 3,000rpm?

If you can, it's possible that the vacuum hose on the turbocharger actuator has let go. It might be from either end - I think the vacuum pump is just behind the fuel pump on the right-hand side of the engine.

all is now OK !!! problem resolved yesterday resetting ingnition pump using diag machine.

today i got new problem, will open new post

Hi my d40 has just gone into limp mode and as soon as I hit 3000rmp she dies off just seeing if any one knows the problem

I have had the egr mod done for about to weeks now wondering if it is that if not how do you reset the ecu

There are a number of possibilities.

1) Turbocharger actuator faulty. Open the bonnet, start the car and have a friend tap the throttle so that the RPM varies from idle (750) to around 1500. While they do this, you have a look under the round gold object that sits over the turbocharger. There should be a shaft that moves in and out - if it's not working or not moving very much, check over ALL of the vacuum hosing that starts at the top of this unit and runs over to the other side of the motor where the vacuum pump is.

2) air in the fuel system. It's happened a couple of times recently. With the engine stopped, count how many times you can squeeze the primer bulb below the fuel filter before it gets really hard. If it's no more than 5-6, no problems. If you can get to 10 squeezes, there's possibly a problem with the fuel filter or the fuel hose around it.

3) Suction Control Valve - hard to diagnose cheaply. Generally presents itself as a "limp mode" without any lights.

That's a start anyway.

Back