Limp mode directly after changing Belts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK..... no didn't do that at all!!! so can I still go through the process again even though the engine light is not on now?

cheers

Yes you can.
If no code is detected the engine light will flash 4 zeros.
If it goes into limp mode again, do the test and see what numbers come up.

Hi Tony d22

I went through the test again and got 10 fast flashes-----10 slow-----10 slow-----10 slow
which from what you have said is no error present, so hopefully that is the last i see of that! time will tell.

but i checked the fuse for the tail lights and that is sound so now i have a new head ache, the tail light fuse is the one i should be checking right? its the 4th down from top on the right and its all good.

cheers

The flashes should have been slow, fast, fast, fast, but doesn't really matter I suppose.

Be sure to check the fuse box under the bonnet too.
It is just behind the battery on the drivers side.

Sorry my mistake slow....fast.... fast it was, dash light issue sorted, I should explain i have not long owned this truck, it has a few Mods on it that im still coming to grips with, the dash lights and tail lights being one of the Mods the previous owner has done, he installed a three action switch to the right of the steering column that operates two small LED lights on the bull bar, when you turn these lights on the tail lights and the dash lights go out, i can only assume he may have been going into places he should not have been going in to, and did not want to light the place up! just a guess really. any way sorted now.

Just another Question, i have been reading a bit on this forum about EGR blocking, are the blocking plates the same material as the original gaskets?

The gaskets at each end of the tube have the rounded tags on them, would this indicate a block? i will attached a couple of images once i have sussed how to do so.

cheers

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

hopefully this works

Pics worked, but unless you remove the pipe and have a proper look it is anyone's guess if it is blocked or not...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

These pics look like the egr is not blocked, they look like the factory plates.
You can make them easily out of stainless steel or can be purchased for around $10 off eBay.
Better to block closer to the turbo above the alternator but doesn't really matter too much.
Where I replaced mine there were 3 ultra slim gaskets.

Click the link below of my build thread and have a look on page 6 for more info.

you can buy these stainless steel blocking plates that look identical to the standard s/s gasket plate. so you can not tell unless you remove a gasket and look to see if it has a hole in the middle or no hole atall.

Well, a little less smoke out the back.
Can't really tell about performance as it drove the same before.
I know for a fact that the EGR will be a lot cleaner and not get gunged up.
I suppose it means that the intercooler stays free of oil to some degree.
Been in there for a while and no limp mode or engine lights.

You'll still get oil in the intercooler unless you fit a catch can. What blocking the egr will do is stop the oil from the pcv system (what coats the intercooler and intake manifold with oil) from baking onto the inside of the intake manifold and blocking it up. Search on google for blocking egr pictures and you will probably see what they end up like...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back