Limp mode directly after changing Belts

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowjandels

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls I am new to the Forum and i find it very informative,

My dilemma... I just installed new belts on my 2009 D22 YD25 Nav and when i took it for a drive the engine light came on and it jumped into limp mode, I tensioned every thing ok and made sure i did not knock anything whilst installing belts, does anyone out there in Nav land know what might be going on?

Thanks for any feed back in advance.

Brett

very strange. replacing the front belts would definetly not make your vehicle go into limp mode unless you have knocked a wire / plug or a vacumm hose somewhere. i sugest you have a real close look at anything around where you worked on the front section of engine , there has to be something lose.

Hi jonney

yeah thats what i thought as well, its got me puzzled, i will have another good look in the morning with a refreshed set of eyes, it was running perfectly prior to belts being removed. cheers

There is nothing that I can think of that would contribute to that issue with a simple belt change. Have you tried a simple ECU reset for starters?.

thats easy to say [ read the codes ] but not all have the tool and knowledge to do this read. especially myself. :dummy:
instructions are on here somewhere.
it flashes the engine light to show what the code is.

Thanks guys, basically I just wanted to now if it was something I may have missed when installing belts, i will get the local dealer here to scan it, it might be just a freakish coincidence, i will get in done and post results. cheers

The only thing that resembled a code was when i started the ignition and (spanner symbol) the -9999 came up, nothing else grabbed my attention, so i put 200km's on her today through the forests and she didn't miss a beat, but on the way home when i turned on my driving lights the dash lights are not illuminated, unrelated i assume?

cheers again for the help to you and the other members.

You are supposed to count how many times the engine light flashes after you complete the sequence.
If it flashes 6 times, that counts for the number 6 and so on till you count all four numbers.
The numbers are not displayed on the dash for you to read.

If you have no dash lights, you will probably find you have no parking or tail lights either, they are all on the same circuit. Check your fuses

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The only thing that resembled a code was when i started the ignition and (spanner symbol) the -9999 came up, nothing else grabbed my attention, so i put 200km's on her today through the forests and she didn't miss a beat, but on the way home when i turned on my driving lights the dash lights are not illuminated, unrelated i assume?

cheers again for the help to you and the other members.

The dash won't show the number, you have to count how many times the engine light flashes.

After step 4 when you release the pedal the engine light will flash slowly.
Count the flashes, 10 flashes mean the number is a zero.
There will be a 1 second pause in between numbers.
The next 3 numbers will be a faster engine light flash.
Count all 4 to get your code, then read up on the page of the link I posted earlier to find out what is causing the problem.

Don't be alarmed if the code throws up 4 zeros.

Latest posts

Back