kc dc

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caferacer

Reaction score
Hey chaps I have noticed on different forum chats about navara d40 kc or dc one use more fuel than the other are these kc or dc models like Ford BF or FG models.......I have a 08 navara stx diesel manual which drinks more now than ever

If your car's using more fuel than normal, one of the first things you can try is an ECU reset. The STX D40 learns from driving habits and seems to learn faster when you're using more fuel but is reluctant to learn better economy. Teach it fast by knocking it back to factory specs.

I know it's been discussed 100 times or more and there is no known issues with doing an ECU reset but the resetting does assume that the factory specs are in fact better than what's been learned over time. I don't know for sure about any reluctance to learn either way but it seems to me that a learning program is better taught than reset, especially when no one really knows what parameters the system is being reset too.

Latest posts

Back