Just saying hi, and needing some advice.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD22

Reaction score
Howdy everyone! Love the site, so much info on it :) I own a 2010 D22 navara, bought it brand new and now its time to do some mods and use it properly. I really want to set it up for touring/capable 4wd and I would love some tips on worth while mods to do first. I just got a tent the other day and I'm getting some other camping stuff fr chrissy, so all good there. But just not sure what to do to the car first. I need some kind of a cover for the tray so I think I'm going to get an ARB canopy. They are pretty expensive but I think thats the best way to go, but apart from that I'm not really sure what else I need to get me going. Appreciate the help.

G'day mate and welcome to the forum.Check out ebay for canopies mate.They pop up all the time.Get yourself a good set of offroad tyres,recovery gear,UHF radio and then start looking at suspension mods. Mate you can go as far as your bank balance allows you to.Cheers Scotty

Welcome to the forum!

A good dual battery setup would be one of the very first things I'd look at. There are two ways - either isolator or inverter/charger. Use good cable between the engine bay and the tub, fuse everything and you should do just fine.

Consider some better lighting for up front. A good set of HID driving lights will really improve things there. I'd suggest looking at the IPF, Narva, Lightforce, Roolite, Hella brands (not necessarily in that order, and there may be others). Metal-backed lights will retain a water seal longer than plastic-backed.

Get a catch can fitted, mounted in front of the radiator. Consider blocking the EGR on the driver's side (there are numerous threads on this forum about it).

A good GPS with a reversing camera option is invaluable. If you're doing serious off-roading, get rubber floor mats, canvas seat covers and recovery points on both chassis rails front and rear.

hi and welcome mate
i have the same model and have just started my tourer build
i have decided to get a hsp canopy as they come with internal frame and 80kg racks for $2300 delivered
cheaper than tjm or arb and looks like similar or better quality
once you start the list is endless
enjoy the forum
sparra

Welcome to the forum!

A good dual battery setup would be one of the very first things I'd look at. There are two ways - either isolator or inverter/charger. Use good cable between the engine bay and the tub, fuse everything and you should do just fine.

Consider some better lighting for up front. A good set of HID driving lights will really improve things there. I'd suggest looking at the IPF, Narva, Lightforce, Roolite, Hella brands (not necessarily in that order, and there may be others). Metal-backed lights will retain a water seal longer than plastic-backed.

Get a catch can fitted, mounted in front of the radiator. Consider blocking the EGR on the driver's side (there are numerous threads on this forum about it).

A good GPS with a reversing camera option is invaluable. If you're doing serious off-roading, get rubber floor mats, canvas seat covers and recovery points on both chassis rails front and rear.

If it is a 2010 model D22 he already has dual batteries, just not "properly set-up" dual batteries. There is a thead about it somewhere, i'm sure you would know the one i mean???

Touring at all? If so get a UHF, plenty available these ays and heaps of room to mount them in the D22.

Get some deep dish rubber floor mats. They will catch all the crap off your feet and boots.

If going off-road I'd suggest get some A/T tyres, plenty of threads on this already.

How much weight do you/will you be carrying. Many people, myself included, have found the stock suspension to be lacking and have upgraded that as well, again plenty of threads on it already.

Haha wow, thanks for all the info guys... I'll look into that duel battery thing cause I always wondered why nissan put 2 batteries in it. I have a UHF and a little bit of recovery gear so I think the next thing to do is a canopy so i can put camping gear in the back. Thanks again for all the the help and advise.... MERRY CHRISTMAS!

They put two batteries in cause when sold in cold european countries the single battery didn't have enough cranking strength for the motor. They must have some type of isolation as i disconnected one battery's positive, accidently earthed it, and it sparked (pretty good too!) then nothing, was like it was dead. i thought oh shit there goes all my fuses, but nope, everything is all ok.

Hi and welcome too the forum. I would suggest a alpha canopy but not sure who sells the in Qld, only NSW and Vic which is Blueys ute World. here a pic of the one I had on my D22.

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Back