Installed UHF, CD Player, Switches, Acc sockets

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee367

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just thought i would upload some pictures of what i got up to on the weekend. I installed 2 Accessory sockets ( you can never have enough ), GME TX3500 UHF and Pioneer CD player. I also added in some new switches for my front light bar and rear facing LED work lights. Took most of my weekend trying to do it between rain showers but im over the mood with how it turned out.
2013-02-25 06.37.03.jpg

2013-02-25 06.37.10.jpg

2013-02-25 06.37.22.jpg

Uniden UHF Installation advice

HI Lee,

I bought a Uniden UH7700 CB radio today with GME Antenna ABL002, I have a 2012 D40 ST and was going to install it myself.

Any tips on how to install, the cables etc, where to come through the firewall.

I am new at this stuff so any advice would be great.

Hi
we have a an oricom uhf radio that needs to be fitted to a 2009 d22.
my son and i are absolute beginners with no idea.
any help would be fantastic.
cheers Mark

i would recommend wiring the uhf directly to the battery, that way if there was ever an emergency where you would need to radio for help you don't need to look for a key.
also if your vehicle electronics decide to crap themselves you can still stay in communication.

i would recommend wiring the uhf directly to the battery, that way if there was ever an emergency where you would need to radio for help you don't need to look for a key.
also if your vehicle electronics decide to crap themselves you can still stay in communication.

At the end of the day if it becomes an issue it's not hard to snip wires and move radio to battery in emergency, or vice versa.

In saying that I run straight off battery

I have a D40 2012, i ran the cable for the antenna through the hole in the firewall near the fuse box at the top left of the engine. The cigarette plug is connected to the battery all the time next to the steering wheel. i used the wires off that for the 2 way.

I have a tx3540 GME, its amazing.

where did you mount your radios?

I have a new D40 ST and about to mount my UHF, just not sure where!

Ran my cables the same as NeilSK a month ago. Be prepared to lose skin off your knuckles, I had a heck of a time feeding the RF cable through the firewall insulation. Hint: use some stiff wire like a coathanger to poke the hole, then with the end folded over to feed through. And a bit of silicon grease makes life much easier.

Also have a GME TX3540, mounted under the centre console at the rear with the mic unit on the side by driver's knee. Power off the front cig lighter socket - FYI the console one is off ignition.

i can't remember the model number but i bought a uniden with a small body and the screen, speaker and controls on the handpiece, so it's mounted behind the dash where you can't see it with just the handpiece mounted on the dash, works well in my opinion, very happy with it.

Ran my cables the same as NeilSK a month ago. Be prepared to lose skin off your knuckles, I had a heck of a time feeding the RF cable through the firewall insulation. Hint: use some stiff wire like a coathanger to poke the hole, then with the end folded over to feed through. And a bit of silicon grease makes life much easier.

Also have a GME TX3540, mounted under the centre console at the rear with the mic unit on the side by driver's knee. Power off the front cig lighter socket - FYI the console one is off ignition.

Is there enough room to get hands up behind the glove box etc to grab the aerial cable if someone else pushes it through from the engine bay. I just don't want to dismantle half the car if I don't have too, cheers.

Latest posts

Back