Identify this pipe

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hutchie07au

Reaction score
Hey fella's, I have a noob question for you all with a little mechanical knowledge. I have aD22 with ZD30 motor. Quick run down of what happen....

Accelerating up a hill. Large bang. Lose of power. Pulled over immediately thinking it was the turbo giving way. Parked the ute up until I could tow it home today.

After little investigation work notice the pipe that runs around the rear of the motor had blown clean off. I believe it's the EGR line. But just need confirmation of that before I go into Nissan and look like a real noob.

Here's a few photos of the pipe.

Cheers Guys

Attachments

• image-2438330137.jpg
    image-2438330137.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 163
  • image-2815292547.jpg
    image-2815292547.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 154
  • image-121221072.jpg
    image-121221072.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 152
yea thats the EGR pipe, you can just block it off at both ends and do the EGR mod.

or is one of the bolts holding it on broken? there was a guy one here who ripped the whole pipe and EGR system out then blanked the holes with 5mm plate steel.

yeah thats where they tend to break. mine broke at the same point, its now plated off.
also that looks like its had some work done on it as thats not an original bolt. they have exhaust studs for the egr pipe.

dump pipe looks small ????

Thanks for the quick replies. I was pretty confident it was the EGR line. I've blocked the other side off. I'll block this side off too now.

Looks like the hose has been welded up before. I'll just get a new one for if I ever change it back.

The dump pipe is a bit small its a 3" exhaust but it's a cheap xforce off eBay. It's still getting a better flow than stock.

Hey guys sorry to bump an old post like this one. Got an 05 d22 zd30 and Have had exactly the same issue just this morning working out on a farm. Never seems to happen near to bloody home. I have a few questions:
- As you guys stated is just as simple as removing the broken pipe and blocking each end of this pipe with a blank? I have previously done the butterfly and egr mod up near the drivers side switching the vac hoses.
- if unable to source material will it be ok to drive the 80 or so ks back to the major town or do I risk causing more damage?

Any help is much appreciated. Jon.

yeah thats where they tend to break. mine broke at the same point, its now plated off.
also that looks like its had some work done on it as thats not an original bolt. they have exhaust studs for the egr pipe.

dump pipe looks small ????

If I blank off either end she should be good to go?

You'll have bugger all boost because the exhaust will be leaking out pre turbo so it'll run high exhaust temps, 80 k might be to far.

You'll have bugger all boost because the exhaust will be leaking out pre turbo so it'll run high exhaust temps, 80 k might be to far.

Yeah I thought that might be the case managed to scramble up some 1.6mm plate, will block either end tomorrow hopefully. I am hoping 1.6mm plate won't warp to much under the heat but we shall soon find out.

Latest posts

Back