How many km should I expect from the stock tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
I have just ordered my lift kit (from Zordo) and have permission from the Chancellor of the Exchecker (the wife) to replace the tyres and wheels with something more suited to to off roading. :redcool: Probably going to go for sunraiyers and some knobley A/T (do too much on road to go for muddies).

Question is how many km can I expect to get out of the stock tyres? I have 22k on the clock so far, wondering how long I have to hold out to get something more interesting.

Mmmmmmm so likely another six months then......mmmmmmmm

Cheers mate

How old are you ?

The younger you're, the quicker they'll wear out by taking corners quicker.

I did about 43,000ks on the standard Dunlops before replacing on an impulse, but would have easily gone to 50,000 or more.

i have original tyres on my ute. just ticked over 80k. they arent bald but they are pretty stuffed. getting new tyres the week

I'll easily get 80K out my my stock tyres probably closer to 100K before I consider replacement unless a deal comes along i can't refuse.

I managed just over 66k km with my stock Conti's, probably less than 1mm to the indicator. Now running Maxxis AT.

My 2012 unit now has almost 28000 Ks on it, and the stock tyres are Dunlop AT20s... They are now getting out of balance at an alarming rate and not my preferred option for any longer than I can afford before I replace them.
Now actively seeking a deal on new tires in the next month or so.

I'm currently sitting at 22k km and I've only had the truck 6 months but then driving around is what we bought the truck for. While fitting a suspension lift this weekend i noticed that the inside edge of both front wheels are pretty badly battered:

20130713_194944.jpg

20130713_194953.jpg

No sure if the photos show it well enough but as well as concentrated wear on the inside edge but also the lugs along this edge are all "peeling"off as if somebody has run a stanley knife along and cut the top mm off each on and left it hanging on one edge.

Now I'm presuming this is somethign to do with wheel alignment issues. I'm also fairly certain that if I raise it with Nissan all I'll get is "oh well, you've tampered with the suspension, this is what has caused your problems".

And while this wear helps my case for justifying a new set of tyres with the Chancellor of the Exchequer, I wonder if anybody can explain what causes this as I'd rather resolve before fitting new tyres.

Mine standard on the 22 were rooted at 35k this was with 2 alignments in it's life dealer tells me running at 40psi was to much and caused wear in the center.

I got my 09 D22 STR with 23000 klm on the clock. The standard B'stone Dueller A/Ts were stuffed at 35000 klms. It looked like the rear tyres were wearing in the middle of the tyre and I asked if the tyres were over inflated. The tyre guy told me that it was more likely to be from not completing regular tyre rotations that caused this problem, not incorrect pressures.

I Got 37000 from stock tyres on the 2011 STX twin cab, now have 265/70/17 Maxxis bighorns, they have 40000km and not even half worn.

Latest posts

Back