How many km should I expect from the stock tyres

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i changed my stock tyres at 57k, were still going, but would've only gone to 65 maybe

your tyres look like a bit of neg camber or maybe a toe issue. now that you've lifted it, get a good alignment done and see how it goes. if the alignment was out, it may not drive to smoothly with the tyres having worn to the previous alignment. new tyre, alignment and you'll be sweet

looks like you've gone dobinsons and bilsteins, is that right??

The ride is pretty good, as the wife put it "its feels stiff and firm without being too hard, its very nice" and have to say I couldn't put it better myself although the school boy in my couldn't help but snigger. The lift as soon as I finished was 100mm!! However this has settled back down to 85mm now which isn't bad given it was only a 50mm lift kit ;0)

The extra lift as such is a bit of "creative accounting" on my part because before the lift I had a steel bull bar so you could say that it was 30mm of sag correction and 50mm of lift over stock. I did a bit of a write up under the DIY section if you are interested

I had BFG 265 70R16 All Terrains fitted as part of the deal when I bought my ute. I change the first set at 85,000 km and they still had about 5-10k of highway running left in them then. I elected to fit new BFGs at this time because I was going on a Cape York trip and really needed more tread for that. I do a 5 wheel rotation every 10k to get that mileage out of the tyres.

I replaced my stock Dunlop AT20s after 31700 Ks, with a set of 4 Maxxis LT AT 771s at $199 a cnr it was the best deal i could locate on a tyre that many on this forum have used and like.
Stayed to the stock size of 255/70/16, no extra road noise and no issues on the black top or dirt roads after almost 1000 Ks.

Back