Help with loose dipstick - SOLVED

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe.weeden

Reaction score
Alrighty I have a zd30 and I noticed a pool of oil under the car this morning popped the bonnet and noticed the dip stick has detached its self from the motor and oil has gone every f@#ken where question is what do I do?? is it hard to re attach or what's the best way I attack this little problem I have

You must be talking about the TUBE the dipstick sit in. I can't remember on my zd30 but , They are generally held on to the motor via one bolt through a bracket and then just sit back I. At the bottom in a tapered hole so if you press it back in the. Bolt it up all should be good.

Yeah that's what I'm taking about the dip stick has let go down the bottom and there is a bolt missing near the dip stick handle any body know the size? Of the top of their heads so u think it should just push back in then bolt the top back on so I had to seal it up with any think ??

Be the same size as all the rest of the bolts holding brackets in the engine bay, probs has a 12mm head on it. Just take one from one of the many useless other brackets holding on a wire somewhere, there are plenty of unnecessary ones you could swap over.

Feel abit stupid was an easy fix just slid the dip stick holder back in to the whole and was as good as new was shorting my self when I seen all the oil on the ground and in the engine bay thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Back