Help Remote central locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcv

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to all this, I bought a after market remote central locking kit, It came with instructions, just got me a little lost.

I have a 2011 d22,I opened the drivers door panel, looking to find the actuator, looks a little different too what I was expecting.

I take it from other posts that I will have to install a new actuator as the standard is not really a actuator but a switch, which sends a signal to the other doors.
Also what wiring diagram should I be following?( see my photo album)
Do I need a 2 wire or 5 wire one ?

Any help would be much appreciated, also where is the best place to get a new actuator .

Thanks Richard

step by step please, new to this

Last edited:
I just had an alarm fitted and I'm sure they tapped into the central locking from the drivers column, there are no wires running to the drivers door.
Might be of some help.

i just put a kit in mine, there is a switch in the drivers side door, but as you know, no actuator. I put the receiver and a master actuator in the door and also ran a constant supply to the receiver in the door (that was the longest and most painful part of the job) mounted and hooked the actuator to the locking rod and the job was done.

I couldn't find the pic of the diagram mate, was probably looking at me but i missed it. I cant really say what you would need with out it, but most recievers (i havent really seen that many but the ones i have) need at least one master actuaor so it knows what position the actuator is in.

did you use a 5 wire actuator and what are the colour codes for the wires,like where did you connect the original 2 wires that were in the original lock?

What kit did you fit into yours?

Thanks Richard

You can use a 2 wire one. Just leave the switch connected on the drivers door as it tells the other doors to lock and unlock. That's all Nissan did with mine when I got it fitted before delivery

i left the wires on the switch mate, was no real need to touch them. I used the 5 wire one because my kit ($50 supercheap job) needed at least one 5 wire/master actuator so it could tell what position the lock is in. that way if the receiver knows the lock is in the lock position it wont keep trying to drive it down if you press the lock button a few more times.

I could have used a two wire actuator out of the kit, and then used the Nissan switch for the feed back but i didn't want to cut into the Nissan harness. I tried to use the power that was already in the door and as soon i put any load on it, ie the receiver or the actuator it caused the car to automaticly lock the rest of the doors. So i just made the whole system stand alone to the rest of the central locking.

cant remember the colours either mate, i reckon each kit would be different as well.

Hi All,

Had a go over the weekend, all seems good now, many thanks for anyone who helped me out.

Just one last hurdle ....The kit I bought had a wire to connect to the indicators, so that they flash when the locks are operated. It only has one wire, when I temp connected it to the hazard light switch only one side of indicators operated.

What's the easiest way of connecting ,either via 2 relays or can I take it directly to the front indicators (after the flasher unit).

Any help guys

Go to jaycar and get 2 diodes. Then connect 1 diode to each indicator wire from the switch and the other end to that wire, then they will both work properly...

Yeah, they only run for a short time so don't need anything too exciting. Just tell them what they are for and they will recommend something

Back