Central locking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Earl Gray

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to the site. My remote key has stopped operating the central locking on my 2012 Navara. Ive changed the battery twice for brand new, but its not working at all. Also checked the fuse and thats OK. The Lock switch inside the cab still works and locks all doors.
Any help gratefully appreciated

The sensor in those cars is in the centre of the dash near the windscreen. Working on the stereo unit may dislodge the cable. Alternatively the BCM may have a poor connection (the BCM is responsible for managing the key's access) and we've recently seen someone complain about BCM issues and discover that by unplugging and replugging the BCM they fixed the problem. Try this: it's a box under the dash with a decent connector on the side with a large number of wires entering it. Under the dash may also be behind the kick panel at the side of your footwell.

Has the key fallen into any liquid that might have destroyed the circuit within?

Lastly - the BCM may no longer recognise your keyfob (this is quite unusual). There is a way to register the key but we'll go there if the connection issues don't resolve the problem.

Latest posts

Back