Help fitting recovery point d40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fraser32

Reaction score
Hi guys just bought a set of road safe recovery points for my d40, the lh side is an easy install as it has nuts welded into the chassis but the rh side only has the hole no nuts, the kit i bought came with a set of nuts with a plate welded to them but i cannot find how i will get them into the chassis as the plate does not fit into any chassis exisiting holes? Help please

To get them in you need to feed some fencing wire either down from the front...attach the nut plate and pull it back.or attach the nut plate to the wire and feed it all in from a large hole behind the wheel in the chassis..
But before all that you might need to drill a new hole or two...
Is yours a thai built?

To get them in you need to feed some fencing wire either down from the front...attach the nut plate and pull it back.or attach the nut plate to the wire and feed it all in from a large hole behind the wheel in the chassis..
But before all that you might need to drill a new hole or two...
Is yours a thai built?

Yeah mate thai built, looks like chassis doesnt have open ends at the front?

I was lucky as my brown davis bash plate kit came with nuts with pre welded wire on them. All i did was find slightly longer bolts to make up the thickness of the recovery point.

Latest posts

Back