Clogged wiper nozzle annoyance !!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bringthenav

Reaction score
Hi folks, my D40 has clogged wiper nozzles & came that way when i bought it. Its so annoying.

I've tried blasting into them with a pressure washer, taking them off and flushing and sticking in a cup of CLR Clear onight so far, to no avail.

I was just going to source some replacements online, but it seems there isn't a proper part that fit Navara on the usual places like eBay.

Anyone have a solution to clean them out that works please?

Are you after these?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1753811...91PPLDglFEW3TyWob2sTQOU95uc0|tkp:BFBM9punsedh
I don't think they're the same because mine does a flat spray and these look like a pair of jet streams, but they list the item as fitting the D40.
Thanks Old Tony.
The clips do look the same inside & they might be a good replacement that fits just as it should.

I managed to solve the problem just now, hopefully for good.

I used

Cup of Vinegar & Fuse wire trick ..
I had not long heard about but forgot which liquid to use etc.
I just thought up the agitating & shaking technique of clearing them by common sense/ experience on clearing bigger things as i went ahead.
The gravity of the dunking combined with pulling and pushing air and vinegar while pipe cleaning all parts does work to clear these pesky nissan nozzles 😅😎

Works a treat !

For anyone else annoyed with this issue & wanting to save $7 on better design new nozzles

-Take 1 x cup vinegar.
-Drop nozzles in for a minute
-It takes action fast, but longer is ok, you will agitate and shake the nozzles out a lot for a few mins
-Dunk the nozzles in it.
- Pipe clean middle of the spray area with the fuse wire,or the wire from a twist tie works too.
-It slides in bit further when it goes into the fine centre hole in the spray area, dead centre
(get it in the 1 and i think only middle fine hole), if u don't it wont likely clear the fine hole.
-Dunk the Nozzles in the vinegar
-Keep dunking them
-Dunk upside down so bubbles come out the connection tube, dip it like a teabag a few times
-Pull it out, shake it out
-Repeat
-You should see a fair bit of a cloudy vinegar as u do all this, and bits of dried dirt and crud pop out & float in the liquid
-Try dunking it other way with the connector nozzle facing down
-Pull it out, shake it out
- Dunk some more, both ways
-Pipeclean more w the wire
-i did it while it was immersed,
While dunking same time
-crud came out a fair few times
-i pipe cleaned the tube w a small screwdriver as well while dunking
-Finally i washed them out briefly
-Then blew threw them the reverse way & i could hear the air coming out the connector tubes
-Reinstalled and they worked for me, a saving of $7 and a wait off ebay for 10 minutes fiddling

Last edited:
Thanks mate - great reminder that my passenger side one is mostly clogged... thank goodness it wasn't the driver's side nozzle!

Latest posts

Back