Help d22 service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad_86

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have owned my 2004 d22 zd30 navara for 2 weeks now. I did a service on the weekend changed the fuel filter and primped pump is not getting hard think it might not be sealing properly, I bought a genuine filter yesterday which had the extra oring and it's still not getting hard, I had a gu td42t ute before and never had this problem, any ideas.

Thanks

i did have this issue once with my D22, i never really found the exact problem but all i did to fix this was i removed the fuel filter and also removed the black o- ring then applied some more grease to the o- ring and the fliter gasket ring then tightened up both nice and snug , i also undone both fuel in and outlet hoses from the filter housing top and re tensioned them nice and snug. re primmed the filter and started the engine then i gave the filter a few more pumps with the engine running and all was fine from then on. its a small air leak that causes this pump pressure to stay soft.

when i change my filter ive always put the line running from the tank on first pumped the primer until fuel come out then attach the other line, made sure it went hard started car and pumped it while it was running never had a issue.

when i change my filter ive always put the line running from the tank on first pumped the primer until fuel come out then attach the other line, made sure it went hard started car and pumped it while it was running never had a issue.
if there is a slight air leak in this system, the pumper will never get hard how it should. a good test is to see how hard the pumper is first up in the morning after the engine has rested overnight, hard is good spongy indicates a slight air leak.

Hello everyone
I have owned my 2004 d22 zd30 navara for 2 weeks now. I did a service on the weekend changed the fuel filter and primped pump is not getting hard think it might not be sealing properly, I bought a genuine filter yesterday which had the extra oring and it's still not getting hard, I had a gu td42t ute before and never had this problem, any ideas.

Thanks
Did you lubricate the o-ring on the filter with some diesel before fitting it? Some people have had the diaphragm in the primer get old and holes in them so they leak air. The other thing people have had it the actual filter housing crack and leak air into the fuel. I'd try removing the filter and lubricating the o-rings first and try and prime it then. If still no go, it's time to look at the primer and filter housing.

I've just replaced my fuel filter this arvo, pumped the primer until it was hard then started the motor. It ran rough for about 15-20 seconds then cut out.
Primed it again, it ran rough for a few seconds then away it went. Tried restarting a few times and it seems fine.
I just made sure everything was screwed in tight and I didn't remove the fuel lines.
tomorrow morning might be a different thing.

Hey everyone thanks for all the tricks that I need to know for next time,
I went and got a new fuel filter primer pump yesterday for it, and as soon as I tried the new one I knew something was wrong with mine, put the filter on the new one primed it went hard after a few pumps, tried starting the car while someone was priming it and it fired right up, and all runs sweet. Thank god
Once again that's for all you help

Latest posts

Back