Headlight problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davojohnson

Reaction score
Hey all, recently I've had all my lights let go after driving around for quite a while worn only one left hand side low beam on normal low beam, one left hand side high beam on normal high beam but both high beam working properly only on the flash mode and recently they've all let go at the same time and now nothing works at all expect for the right hand side high beam on the flash mode. My question is this, what could be causing this out of a bad relay or dodgy light stalk assembly cluster?
I have checked all the fuses and none of them are blown. Just want to see if someone knows before I start spending valuable money i don't have to get an auto sparky to diagnose it.

2000 model D22 QD32 dual cab 4x4 base model DX

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

if all bulbs are tested to be in working order i would firstly remove each plug from the lights and spray out with some contact cleaner , if still no go you need to remove the steering wheel then the headlight stalk as i am sure there are contacts inside this assembly that act as the relay , the contacts look like [ ignition points found on older car engines ] just the same as whats inside a normal relay and these ends need to be lightly filed [ sandpaper will do it ] so the contact on both sides are flat without a bump in the middle.
i did have the same issue with my sons old 97 courier and by doing this file / clean up all worked fine again. other guys on this forum will advise if the relay contacts are built into the headlight stem / stalk and theres not a seperate relay somewhere else.

if all bulbs are tested to be in working order i would firstly remove each plug from the lights and spray out with some contact cleaner , if still no go you need to remove the steering wheel then the headlight stalk as i am sure there are contacts inside this assembly that act as the relay , the contacts look like [ ignition points found on older car engines ] just the same as whats inside a normal relay and these ends need to be lightly filed [ sandpaper will do it ] so the contact on both sides are flat without a bump in the middle.

i did have the same issue with my sons old 97 courier and by doing this file / clean up all worked fine again. other guys on this forum will advise if the relay contacts are built into the headlight stem / stalk and theres not a seperate relay somewhere else.

Hey mate, the plugs/connectors have just recently been replaced and that was the main reason why they were replaced along with the bulbs cause I thought one of them or possibly both of them were causing the issue but it turned out to be neither of them but yeah I'll have a look at that mate and see where it gets me.

Cheers

I'd guess the combo switch on the steering column,

Hey mate, sorry for late reply, I replaced the stalk assembly and that fixed it but I have no power to the passenger side headlight on any modes at all so there's a bad wire there somewhere and I'll get that looked at soon as well then once I know I've got all the modes working on both sides I'll buy a decent LED conversion kit.

Cheers

Back