• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Group Buy Braided brake lines?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's cheap. Can probably count me in. For 2 fronts and the rear on a d22 with 2.5" extended. I get heaps of travel from the rear so need that little bit more room.

Ok guys now we have some sort of an idea of cost,

Who is keen to go ahead?

If we can make a list of definite's it will help get a concrete figure before we put the order in.

How long of a time period do you guys think we should leave the offer open for before we actually place the order??

do we have a date? or do we get it to a set amount?

If everyone is happy i would be willing to collect all the details and funds to forward to DieselTuner, or if anyone else has a suggestion and would like to put that forward for all to decide, please feel free.

not sure if this was missed?? or the silence is my answer?? lol

OK so is everyone ok with sending me a PM with,
your name,

model of your Nav,

how many lines you want (D22 = 3 and D40 = 4),

also what address do you want them sent to, or if you intend on picking them up straight from DieselTuner's shop.

Once i have a list made up i will get an official price, then send you back a pm with the Total cost of your order along with account details you will need in order to complete the transaction.

After getting everyones cleared funds i will forward them and the order list and addresses on to DieselTuner.

The definites are as follows.. What sort of deadline do we want fellas??
Who else wants in??
obviously add me to the list

Nathan, that would be great if you could mate. I think the first thing would be to set a deadline and get a list going on the first post if possible.

That's cheap. Can probably count me in. For 2 fronts and the rear on a d22 with 2.5" extended. I get heaps of travel from the rear so need that little bit more room.

Yeah i'm in.
2 front
2 rear
To suit 2 and a half inch lift D40 Stx Spanish.

I'm in for a set for the d22.

I'm a definite for the d22 x3

Stuff it, I'm in
d22 x3

Last edited:
If you can make the deadline by say Thursday night next week. I can probably make all the lines on friday and have them all in the post friday arvo for Tuesday onwards delivery to people.

Sent my pm to you Nathan.

Thanks for the great prices DieselTuner. Shame you weren't closer or I would of picked them up.

Rusty

Got it Rusty thanks mate, and returned with details,

looks like we are trying to get all orders in and paid for by the end of next week the 2/08/13,
if i get them earlier i will send the order in, BUT we will need at least 5 sets per order to keep the cost down.
If we get 10 or more MAYBE we can cut a slightly better deal with DieselTuner, So get the orders in guys so we can fit them to our Navs ASAP!!

If you can do individual invoices I'm in.

That may be a possibility as the invoice could be sent out from DeiselTuner with your delivery.
I will check with him and get back to you, or he may see the post and answer in this thread.

what is the reason behind braided lines (xcept for lifts,extended lines)
i understand it for performance reasons but seriously
these arent race cars guys
do you think they will improve braking?
excuse my ignorance but i cant see the reasoning behind it
fire away and educate me please(gently)

Sparra.

Its a good question and its not ignorant its relevant.

For me I'm wanting braided incase I get the lovely stick flick up and snag the line. Braided lines have a stainless steel braid around the line to take the hit instead of it hitting the rubber. Also gives you a better braking feel at the pedal and in turn should give you an overall better braking feel. I know its not a racing car but if I'm planning on keeping it for ever I Want it to last.

RustyNav

what is the reason behind braided lines (xcept for lifts,extended lines)
i understand it for performance reasons but seriously
these arent race cars guys
do you think they will improve braking?
excuse my ignorance but i cant see the reasoning behind it
fire away and educate me please(gently)

As Rusty said, and with the D40 the brake peddle is a little spongy feeling, this Spain built doesnt feel as bad as my Thai model but i would like to try and improve it none the less.
The idea is that with the rubber lines when you apply force to the peddle you get a little expansion in the rubber which inturn stop a small portion of the hydraulic force from being applied to the actual calliper or drum.

I proved it works to myself when i put a braided line on one of my older model YZ250's, the bike ran the same brand of brakes as other makes but yet always had a soft brake lever, as soon as i installed the braided line the feel improved dramatically, that obviously is just with one small calliper so the improvement was prob more noticeable especially as you use your fingers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back