G'day from Oz and help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davehigg76

Reaction score
Hello fellow Navara owners. I am new to this forum but have been recommended it by some other Navara owners.

I live in Perth, Western Australia and we have some of the best 4x4 tracks in the world.

I have recently purchased my 2008 ST-X and have just noticed a slight issue which I am hoping someone will have a solution too.

The air flow selector doesn't seem to work. It must have wires connected to it because when you turn the dial, it turns the A/C on. The problem I have is that it doesn't change the position of the air flow. It comes out the front vents no matter what position it is in.

Does anyone know if this is an electrical motor, a vacuum or a manual cable system? I haved had a look behind with the torch but can't see anything.

Some advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

davehigg76

:rock:

Welcome, I believe it is an electric motor somewhere behind the dash.

Others will have a better answer though. Is the nav still under waranty?

Welcome to the forums. Being an 08 I'd guess it's close to out of warranty or already out, however close to may just be good enough to get Nissan to fix it especially if it's just a small problem.

If you don't want Nissan to have a go at it pull the dash panel out and have a look what's behind the switch, it could be that the plug has come off or loose and if could be a faulty switch.

thanks - how do you pull the dash apart? I have looked at this in the past on a 2007 version I had and it seemed impossible.

OK, got dash apart and can confirm that all wires seem to be connected. The whole control unit is one unit.

Has anyone else had a problem like this before?

Not from what I remember, a few have had issues with the resistor in the fan speed control but I don't remember anyone having issues with the other end of the panel. Is the ute still under warranty, being 08 it's got to be close

Latest posts

Back