Garage Mis-hap's or modding mis-hap's.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wasnt really a garage mis-hap but mate hooked trailer up to my car (not nav) and and gave me the go ahead to leave so i did, take off thinking wow maby this little subie has some power dont even feel the trailer, turns out there wasnt one it slipped off soon as i left :thank_you2:

Ok... So I was cleaning the nav today... And I was crouched under the front with the gurney, and I lost my balance and stuck my hand out to catch myself...

And a damn crocodile jumped out and bit me!

Sheesh, that's go to hurt. Do you usually have crocs roaming that close around your place?

My misshap

My old Toyota before the Nav after a bit of a heated discussion involving kids and the good woman I left in a foul mood not relising that one of the forementioned kids left the back door open, so I tried to remove it with the garage door not pretty.:nono:

changed the oil in my old rodeo, all went well, perfect amount etc. but i forgot somehow to screw the oil filler cap back on to the top of the engine, and then proceeded to drive like that for a couple hundred k's. saw it and got myself a rubber replacement from repco thinking mine was long gone, under the bonnet 6 months later and lo and behold found the original cap again. No damage to engine luckily.

Hmm, very entertaining post's. Makes me feel right at home.
Bought a shiny 2000 pulsar, dark gween metalic no less. Of course the dealer couldn't possibly have detailed it properly, so I set to work as soon as I was home. Ssssshyt, I couldn't believe my eye's. There was a lighter colour spot on the roof as big as a match box. Ahhhhhhhh! Much discussion with dealer later. They agreed to repaint the roof. Confident I had found a competent local painter. I know! that was a mistake in it self. Anyhoo job done and back in the shed at home. Of course I'm checkn ol mates talent as a painter, Niiiice. Decide to slip a coat a polish on my baby while it's clean. Satisfied with that, I move the machine a little back outa the way so as I can do somthin at the front. Lunch bell rings, me thinks good job. Come back after sufficiently stuffed with the good ladies hard work to find the Fffffargn tilt a door had caught a gust of wind and come down on the roof. Some git had left it half out. Ahhh! that's better, even seems funny 11 yrs later. Beware the tilt a door!

Hmm, only stuff ups have been relatively minor and not to do with motor vehicles(they are never in it).

Dropped a 4 litre tin of oil paint with 3 litre in it and of course it spilt everywhere. Still there.

Big back shed; Stood in the open top of a 20 litre tin of deck oil and spilt the final 10 litres.

Usual trick is to knock a glass jar of doo-dads(nails, screws, bits, etc) off and onto the concrete floor. Easy clean up when it is steel(magnet in plastic bag).

Oh, did drop the bike onto my head on year. It was hanging from the rafters from a peg. Now have a series of puncture marks across the top of my head(under the hair(still got it)) from the chainwheel(yes it was only a bicycle).

I read something this morning which reminded me of an "incident" a couple of years ago so I have dug up this old thread.

I had some speakers laying around that I wanted to put in the rear of an old Volvo sedan. They are the ones contained in a plastic speaker box so all I needed to do was drill a couple of holes in the rear parcel tray to stop them wacking me in the back of the head if I came to a sudden stop.

The problem was the drill would not fit given the angle of the back window. The solution was to use a right angle drill attachment that I had bought but never used before. I must say that the drill attachment it is not the best piece of engineering but then I guess you get what you pay for.

Anyway with the drill attachment grumbling away & me trying to put some sort of sideway but downward pressure in the drill, the bloody thing was taking ages. Arms starting to shake from some sort of energy debt/lactic acid thing going on. Wondering if the drill bit was blunt or whether it is just the funny angle everything is on or the junky right angle drill attachment.

Finally success! Shhhhhhhhhhh, I drilled into the f@%kin LPG tank!

I just about crapped myself. The tank was a full as a goog. Dropped the drill & took off. It took hours for the tank to empty.

Later inspection revealed that I had drilled through the sheet metal under the parcel tray (as intended), the metal bracket holding the LPG tank & the tank itself. I can think of at least 2 sources of ignition (drill motor & cutting of the steel).

Anyway still alive to bore people with this story. :big_smile:

This was in the backyard does it still count. A mate from work and i grab a tractor with a post hole auger on the back to do some fencing at my house, Easy job nothing to it tractor does all the work, Yeah right here i am swinging on a crowbar trying to get it to dig through hard ground, Anyway all going good 15 holes or so done, When i have to swing on the bar again and i saw something in the hole a orange or brown color its alright its a tree root i am thinking to myself, note to self the nearest tree is 20 meters away, Finish hole pull the auger out and there is friggin wires in the hole, So i start raving about stuffing the phone line and call out to the wife telling her to check the phone. She comes back outside and informs me the phone is fine but we have no power. Clever me just drilled through power cable to the house so i really start jumping up down about how much its going to cost to fix and my work mate is like f#$k i,m still alive. :sarcastic:

I ran the Yeomans plough through what I thought at the time was the mates phone lines, dragged up nearly 50 meters on orange conduit and wires while I running around one of the house paddocks. It took the bastard 20 mins of moaning and whinging that his missus would be pissed off and looking for blood before he told me it's the line Telstra abandoned and left in the ground about 8 years ago and in fact did nothing.

Problem with my place is i dont know where all the power and water pipes run around the yard. Well i know where the power is now:sarcastic:

I did that dial before you dig thing years ago for my place and after 4 weeks waiting I got a bit of paper in the mail with a block and no services...glad it was a free service would hate to pay for something so informative.

Latest posts

Back