Fuel injector seal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azzo28

Reaction score
Today my car had to be towed because the seal around the fuel injector on number 3 cylinder kept popping out. The first time it happened there was a massive cloud of white smoke and as I limped it off the road I head a pop souns and what sounded like pressure escaping. Roadside assistance came out, put it back in and told me to take it to the dealership on tuesday. As I was driving home about 10 mins later it happened again and I got it towed. Has this happened to anyone else? Its a 2012 d22 with about 4200kms on the clock.

That's exactly what's happening. Thought I kight share my experience incase anyone had had the same issue. My feeling is that its just a once off kind of thing.

This happened again today. Not very happy. It's already been in to nissan to have the problem fixed. There's something sinister going on. It has something to do with the rocker cover gasket I think. It's building up pressure and blowing the seal out. The bad thing is that when it went in the first time, they did the rocker cover gasket.

Back