Engine swap

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D22 pal

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have plans on swapping my QD32 for a ZD30DDT. I know I'm gonna need the ECU, engine harness, brake booster & master cylinder & the Accelerator drum. Anything else needed?

why not just stick with the QD32 and turbo it ?
or fit the turbo QD32 and covert it to mechanical injection (ie no ecu).
it will do as much if not more power than a ZD30, with less problems, fit existing gearbox and no expensive injection system to fix. down side is fuel economy will be worse.

if you do fit ZD30 i suspect you will need the speedo cluster as thats another ECU which feeds to the main ECU.

if you do fit ZD30 i suspect you will need the speedo cluster as thats another ECU which feeds to the main ECU.

I know that both speedo clusters have slight differences. The ZD30DDT has a check engine warning light that also serves has a warning light for the fuel filters, the QD32 has a fuel filter warning light.

the BIG difference is the ZD30 dash is an ECU and talks to the main ECU via comm line. the QD32 will be non-ecu dash. i would have to go through the manual to confirm.

Latest posts

Back