Hello from Florida

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YD25Frontier

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Ed and I'm in Florida, USA. I just bought a 2013 Nissan Frontier crew cab 4x4 with a bad 4.0L engine in it and plan to swap in a whole YD25 engine and transmission in. I hope you guys can help me through the process!

-Ed

Welcome to the forum!

It's a challenging task. The YD25 doesn't have the same fuel system (no pump in the tank) and the 4WD versions sometimes have a fuel cooler located under the right front seat (under the vehicle). The ECU will be quite different, the petrol engine doesn't use an intercooler either.

Still, it's one of those challenges that some people enjoy - I hope you do!

I have extensive experience with engine swaps so it should not be an issue. I can fabricate anything that is needed like the front mount intercooler and charge piping.

Hello,

My name is Ed and I'm in Florida, USA. I just bought a 2013 Nissan Frontier crew cab 4x4 with a bad 4.0L engine in it and plan to swap in a whole YD25 engine and transmission in. I hope you guys can help me through the process!

-Ed
Welcome mate!!!

YD25Frontier ... I'd be interested to see how you go with the proposed engine swap. A series of videos uploaded to YT or documentation on this forum I'm sure would be off interest to many.

Hello,

-Ed
is the frontier forum still going?

its a major swap. best bet would be to import a damaged navara as a donor vehicle. keep in mind there is differences between the frontier and navara so thing like abs systems become questionable. you may have to swap over the whole braking system and may be even axles as i don't know if sensors are the same size.

I don't think the engine ECM should affect the rest of the car's systems. My only concern is the NATS. If I can trick the truck into thinking the diesel ECM is the original one, I should be good to go. I have a tuner who reverse engineers ECM code all the time.

YD25Frontier ... I'd be interested to see how you go with the proposed engine swap. A series of videos uploaded to YT or documentation on this forum I'm sure would be off interest to many.
That's my plan. Engine will be out this weekend and new one should start going in next week. The engine is in transit from Canada and ECU from Japan, same supplier. The 4 cylinder motor mounts will be here tomorrow. we'll see how it goes. I've already started studding the wiring diagrams and it looks straight forward from what I've dealt with in the past.

Best to buy a left hooker from Spain with same colour as yours as a parts vehicle, get seller to remove seats, rear diff, wheels, and place in tub and declaration as wreck parts vehicle.
When arrive at your home just remove the vin plate card etc and assemble as many Frontier parts on to blend in.
Make sure you ain't driving with a Spanish tag😬

Tell us how you go?

Latest posts

Back