Engine change yd25

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08d22

Reaction score
G day all have had engine trouble with 08 d22 single cab dx and will be looking at replacing with an engine from 2012 d22 str will this engine drop straight in??

Some advice from the knowledge here would be appreciated.

G day all have had engine trouble with 08 d22 single cab dx and will be looking at replacing with an engine from 2012 d22 str will this engine drop straight in??

Some advice from the knowledge here would be appreciated.

Same motor and same car, should just swing straight in. Make sure you swap everything out from under the bonnet like ecu and brake booster, etc. Just incase something Is just that little bit different, but i doubt it

Goodluck

2012 models are jap built. Only 09 to 10 models that were Thai built. Yet only had minor difference. I think then Japan models sit closer to the firewall

2012 models are jap built. Only 09 to 10 models that were Thai built. Yet only had minor difference. I think then Japan models sit closer to the firewall

During the thailand floods a few STR special editions were jap built, full of issues to cause they were rushed into production.

these are identified as you would expect with a VIN number starting JN1 thai D22 models (all of the new ones atm are thai) start with MNT.

regardless of this they are the same engines afaik execpt the turbo sits closer to the firewall in the thai models apparently.

Latest posts

Back