Egt temps???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake vl

Reaction score
Evening lady's and gents. Recently installed an egt sensor and be stuffed if I can get it to move off 300 c. Any idea what the zd30 exhust runs at??

Before mine was intercooled it would get up around the 450 degree mark. Where is your sensor located and whats the brand of gauge?

Evening lady's and gents. Recently installed an egt sensor and be stuffed if I can get it to move off 300 c. Any idea what the zd30 exhust runs at??
Same... Autometer Cobalt gauge, Forefront turbo, Xforce 3" exhaust, probe in dump pipe as close to flange as possible

Mine is intercooler and I can just get it to move off the 300 degree mark. Located about 2 inches after the turbo
Gauge is a saas and probe came with it

Mines non intercooler and I can get just over 300deg, but just installed the probe tonight, haven't had a chance to get out on the highway. See how it goes tomorrow on the way to work, but still thought it would have got over that.

Sweet what brand is yours?? I haven't had mine on a good drive yet. Let me know how it goes
Autometer, Cobalt series.

After running to work 30 min drive this morning, I get 200-220deg cruising back streets, 300-320deg cruising highway, 400 deg accelerating hard to get up to 100kmh on freeway. Doesn't seem right!?

You guys who talk about getting 450deg and up to 700 deg saw someone post, what driving conditions, brand of gauge and type (eg. Electric full sweep stepper motor), and where is your probe?

i have the probe in my egr port on the exhaust manifold. ive got a race tech gauge. around down on average driving it would go anywhere up to 300-450. on high way average is about 400 - 450 but if u have to push it hard up and hill u can see up to 600 if u realy want to

I'm yet to get it past 320. Like I said haven't been on a highway. Unless it's just running really efficient? I'm using a "saas" gauge and it starts at 300 so unfortunately I don't get to see the lower pyro readings but it is there to let me know if I'm cooking.

After running to work 30 min drive this morning, I get 200-220deg cruising back streets, 300-320deg cruising highway, 400 deg accelerating hard to get up to 100kmh on freeway. Doesn't seem right!?
sounds about right.

after the turbo i expect a max of 500c and thats full noise at full load. ie hauling 3 ton up a hill and down to 2nd gear.
400c accelerating up to 100km/h sounds about right as does the other temps.
egt's are relative to how much fuel you are burning.

sounds about right. after the turbo i expect a max of 500c and thats full noise at full load. ie hauling 3 ton up a hill and down to 2nd gear. 400c accelerating up to 100km/h sounds about right as does the other temps. egt's are relative to how much fuel you are burning.
Thanks tweak'e, I knew that it was relative to fuel being burnt but wasn't sure if my temps were right.

So there ya go Jake, we are in the right range

You guys who talk about getting 450deg and up to 700 deg saw someone post, what driving conditions, brand of gauge and type (eg. Electric full sweep stepper motor), and where is your probe?

Those temps are about right for an unchipped zd30 and if your boost level is higher than standard that will lower your temps. I use Auberins,very accurate and i've had 750 preturbo with a chip.

Those temps are about right for an unchipped zd30 and if your boost level is higher than standard that will lower your temps. I use Auberins,very accurate and i've had 750 preturbo with a chip.
Boost is 15-16psi which I'm pretty sure is stock?

I'm yet to get it past 320. Like I said haven't been on a highway. Unless it's just running really efficient? I'm using a "saas" gauge and it starts at 300 so unfortunately I don't get to see the lower pyro readings but it is there to let me know if I'm cooking.
You hit 400 yet?

i've got mine in the egr port as well. i run at around 350 to 450 general cruising. 500 if i'm up it a bit trying to merge or something. 350 or so when sitting 100km/h on the highway, flat, no head wind. Have hit 700 powering up ranges with full load.

i do run a chip, 2.5 exhaust, water to air intercooler, 80 series air box, blocked egr and snorkel. so i guess this all plays apart of what egr temps you get as well.

So i just did a calibration test with the egt probe in a boiling kettle...smack on 100 deg...im using a auberins digital gauge and a unknown long probe in the egr port on the manifold...mind you im in a 09 d40 kingcab...im still not sure about my temps...seen close to 400 deg towing up a hill with a chip.any comments?

yep stock.
just watch intake restriction. i've had dirty air filter cause egt's to go way up.

Hi Tweak'e have a question for you or (anyone else) recently i was chasing some power loss issues, when we notice the main butterfly was only half on so we pulled the vacuum hose off which seemed to help. (i did post about this in another thread), But the engine would run on slighlty when i turned it off, after some more reading and input from others, i reconnected the vacuum hose and unplugged the red egr soliniod. It seems to run smoother and no longer runs on,BUT the egt seem to be 100 degrees higher, travelling the same roads i usually do. Its an un chipped non inter cooled zd30, blocked egr, proir the temps were consistent with what everyone else is getting, sensor is in the exhaust manifold, where the egr pipe was.
Could something with the butterflys cause the temp to rise like that?
Cheers
Adam

Latest posts

Back